Wix = Nominal (50%) at 21 microns? (Corvette LT1 Filter Options)

Is there any company that follows ISO 4548-12 procedures on there filter media?
Fram, Purolator, Champion Labs and some others. It should be referenced on their website and/or on the filter box.

So the Purolator boss is tested? But on here you guys say it tests about as well as the WIX XP how come that is?
Because that's what an official ISO 4548-12 test shows. Their efficiency is pretty similar. They are both worse than the other 3 filters in the test group at 20 microns.

1687746512480.png

This is a real test per official ISO 4548-12 procedures. That YouTube video isn't.

Who says the Mobil 1 "flows better"? ... with real ISO 4548-12 test data to support the claim. Does your Vette oil pump hit pressure relief when the oil is fully hot? That's the only time any flow difference going to the engine will occur based on a filter's flow performance (meaning its delta-p vs flow curve).
IMG_6896.png

I'm going to say cost. That's what I was thinking.
Mann+Hummel is huge, so they probably have their own test lab(s) that can run all ISO test specs. Fram has their own test lab, as probably most other big name filter companies.

You haven't really indicated how you are driving the car and what climate.

If you're tracking the car you might consider Fram Racing line. I think they are generally 94% at 20 micron.

But for std. driving, sometimes spirited Wix (std not XP) will be fine. Fram TG, XG, Endurance will be more than fine.

You haven't really indicated how you are driving the car and what climate.

If you're tracking the car you might consider Fram Racing line. I think they are generally 94% at 20 micron.

But for std. driving, sometimes spirited Wix (std not XP) will be fine. Fram TG, XG, Endurance will be more than fine.
I’m in Roanoke VA, we have an autocross series in town and VIR isn’t far, so the car sees some days of both each year. Next oil fill will be M1 Supercar 5w50.
DFE57EF7-A3AF-443B-B015-CAD86573F458.jpeg

I don't think so. Google ISO 4600.

View attachment 163441

Listening to somebody on another forum, Big mistake, I got a response from Wix. After I emailed them personally..

Hello Scott,

WIX Oil Filters provide excellent engine protection using conventional, synthetic, or synthetic-blended motor oils, as recommended by the OE vehicle manufacturer, for normal and severe driving conditions such as stop and go traffic, dirt roads, construction sites, short trips, and interstate travel. WIX filters are recommended for OEM oil and filter change intervals, typically 3,750 to 10,000 miles, not to exceed 12 months. This filter traps up to 50% more dirt and contaminants than Protec with the best combination of capacity & efficiency for severe conditions. When applicable, WIX flexible silicone anti-drainback valve protects against dry engine starts past the traditional filter change interval. Laboratory Test Performance per ISO 454812 18 grams dirt (WIX 51515), 99% efficient at 23 microns (Based on WIX 51515, WIX 51356, WIX 57060)

“99% efficient at 23 microns (Based on WIX 51515, WIX 51356, WIX 57060)”
That’s really good! When was this email correspondence - recent?

Back