quaker st syn vs valvoline synpower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which do you guys like better for normal driving with 8k oci? I've seen charts telling about the two bit don't know how to read them. Thanks for the opinion

Either one will get you there assuming there are no problems with your vehicle such as coolant leak. The definition of 'normal' driving is vague. If you do the majority of highway miles >50% i would say either will get you there. A UOA after 5k would be ideal to see if there is a problem. QSUD is what I've used and has treated me well. I'm not a Valvoline guy, but that is just opinion. I drive the severe service in my Altima 3750 OCI's.

SynPower has always treated me well, my UOAs have been excellent and there is currently a rebate.
thumbsup2.gif

No data, doesnt matter. Run what you "feel" you like at the time or whats on sale or which bottle looks "prettier". Now racing and very hard (read abusive) driving - thats another subject ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OKSTEVE
Which do you guys like better for normal driving with 8k oci? I've seen charts telling about the two bit don't know how to read them. Thanks for the opinion

I say go with the quaker state.
Save yourself a few dollars. Both oils are great.

i would say 40% highway 60 stop and go. its in perfect running condition, 105k miles on it but no leaks or noises at all. i have used dino oil since i have had it at 49k with great luck i just want to extend my oci more then 3k so figured i would switch to something that could handle it for sure. i saw on the one response you one of you guys said in normal conditions either but racing would be a different story. explain a little more please. thanks for your time.

i like quaker st, pennzoil etc....usually the best oil at best price or very close

synpower all the way, but quakerstate hp would be a close second.

I've used synpower exclusively on one of my car just because of how well the engine responds too it. No other synthetic i've used made the engine purr so smoothly. I tried quakerstate because of the $10 rebate and it would be my go to oil if synpower isnt within my price range.

can't go wrong with either oils.

Both are good oils that can deliver 8k oci. I personally dont like Synpower because of a lack of Moly. I know that Moly costs over $60 per pound for an additive but just about all oils have it nowadays, even SuperTech. On top of that the price isnt just for a lack of Moly.

Gotta chime in about the QS UD. . .it's what I'm using right now in my Hyundai and it seems to work well. I'll be going to about 6500 miles on this OCI and then doing an analysis. . .should be sometime this month. . .stay tuned. For the money, it's hard to beat the QS UD if you're looking for a syn oil. . .I like Valvoline products too, but have limited experience with them--I'm currently running Valvoline 10w-40 M/C oil in my bike and will also have that analyzed at the next change, but will probably put Mobil 1 m/c oil in it after that.

I wold have no problems using either one personally. Both are good brand names so I know in confidence the package won't let me down. Use wich ever is the cheapest and most available in your area often.

Durango

Originally Posted By: Durango
I wold have no problems using either one personally. Both are good brand names so I know in confidence the package won't let me down. Use wich ever is the cheapest and most available in your area often.

Durango

+1

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Both are good oils that can deliver 8k oci. I personally dont like Synpower because of a lack of Moly. I know that Moly costs over $60 per pound for an additive but just about all oils have it nowadays, even SuperTech. On top of that the price isnt just for a lack of Moly.

Why do you need moly in your oil? you know a lot of the great oils do not contain moly?

either or... I would go with Quaker State Ultimate Durability, just because it is usually a buck or two cheaper compare to Valvoline Synpower...both from the price and performance point of view are excellent candidates for 4.5 - 7.5K miles OCI!

Originally Posted By: OKSTEVE

I'd try both and see what the car likes better either. If it's for your own car, base it on UOA. If it's for someone else, base it on their satisfaction. If both are the same, go with the cheaper one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back