What about the other oils? eneos, elf, motul, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eneos, Elf, Motul, Redline, Schaeffer's, etc

I wanna hear about all these other oils, are they worth it? Who has experience with them? Where/How do you get them?

I just wanna hear about them!.

I have seen the German Lubro Moly oil for sale in Napa Auto Parts. As far as the others on your list, they are for the most part available from online sellers. Fuchs Titan might not be for sale in the USA though

Originally Posted By: MrWideTires
Eneos, Elf, Motul, Redline, Schaeffer's, etc

I wanna hear about all these other oils, are they worth it? Who has experience with them? Where/How do you get them?

I just wanna hear about them!.

I think you meant to say you want to READ about them. Not much written about Elf, but tons of stuff written about the others. Do a search or just start reading.

You have to read German to find out much about Elf. The rest though are well documented on this sight. I think Redline is as good as any other high end designer oil. Their are some simple rules of thumb like running any high ester oil 3 times before doing a UOA and things like that but most applications do well on ester based oils after one runs them for at least 3 oil changes and the engine settles down to the new chemistry.

Schaffer's works really well. I think their price is a bit high for what you are getting but that is a judgment call and not an absolute. I normaly find applications that Redline works great in usualy do not care for Schaffer's and vice versa. For instance most Toyota's love Redline and will turn in nice single digit UOA numbers but put Schaffers in them and they immediately have much higher wear numbers and more solids even with Schaffer's semi-synthetic products. Does that mean Scahffer's is a bad oil no not at all just that I think by the time you mail order the two it does not pay to order the Schaffer's not if you are getting their 5W40 semi-synthetic which back when I was last on this sight cost almost as much as Redline! On the other hand most GM products do not produce the best numbers on Redline but seem to do great on Schaffer's so it really is not a cut and dry $$$$ to $$$ type of thing their is a lot of stuff that has to be considered!

Motuls all ester based oils are great! I always liked their 300V.It was never well represented though on this sight.

In Bradenton, many business get bulk oil from Bradenton oil, and that oil is conventional Fina/Total oil 10w30.

I don't know how good it is.

Some AAP's had Lubro Moly I heard. Nothing at my local ones so far. Haven't had time to check at NAPA. It is readily available at most NAPA's? Don't want to make the drive if they have nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back