If HPL was NOT a sponsor here then how would it truly compare to other boutique oils like redline and Amsoil? What makes HPL different and special?

That experiment could've been done better.
Tell me about it...

The Engine Cleaner should've gone in with a fresh oil change and the HPL PCMO should've been a fresh oil change as well.
Exactly!

Using it as top off dilutes the ester too much.
Absolutely, but let's face the stark reality that this was Joseph's directive. His intentions might be rooted in a genuine desire to do good, but the outcome is undeniably detrimental, essentially acting like a tumor, stifling the reputation of @High Performance Lubricants.

The thicker oil film from that oil was likely increasing oil transport past the rings, hence the increase in consumption initially, until enough cleaning took place to improve seal and make the consumption decrease again.
Thank you for your excellent explanation, it makes perfect sense.

I'm absolutely not mincing words here. My earlier remarks were a sweeping assessment of the majority of boutique oils out there. Let's be clear, a large portion of them are merely pedestrian products, dressed up with marketing gimmicks. There's one firm, acting as if they're in the luxury market, not realizing they're dealing with a commodity. Their followers, capable of reciting a brochure verbatim, need to understand quickly not to dictate to customers; otherwise, they risk losing them one after another.

I am intimately acquainted with @High Performance Lubricants and the unparalleled quality they bring to the table. I have witnessed the potent engine cleaning capabilities of their lubricants, among other standout features. They are the embodiment of authenticity. They operate on a different level, not as a boutique oil blender but as a formidable force in the industrial lubricant manufacturing sector. The distinction is monumental. They don't pander to the average consumer with flashy advertising. Their consumer advertising budget stands at a firm zero. Their products speak for themselves, representing the pinnacle of quality, serving as their sole advertisement.

Let this be the final word, drawing a clear line in the sand: my general criticisms of boutique oils do not, and have never, encompassed @High Performance Lubricants. They stand apart, representing a beacon of excellence in a sea of mediocrity.

Bickering, etc. Based on recent blocked threads.
There is always a balance of considerations when moderating a thread like this.

Let’s say we lock it - some will say that a sponsor got special treatment with a lock. I assure you sponsors don’t get special treatment. We discourage uninformed bashing no matter who the target might be.

Sometimes it’s better to let the debate run, and have peer review counter the ignorance. Let folks see the arguments of both sides.

We’ve removed the inappropriate posts while taking the latter approach to this thread.

Back