Mobil 1 User

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Mobil 1 in all my vehicles and run oil for 7500 miles. My logic is by changing oil myself and buying it at SAMS CLUB or COSTCO, I can use Mobil 1 for same cost as a Jiffy Lube Oil Change with Dino Oil.

I also use it in my kids cars. When under warrenty, I did use dino oil (or blends) with shorter changes on my kids cars.

Vehicles:
1998 Corvette (use OLM) do get UOA done ocassionally (switching to Castrol Edge soon)
2001 V6 Impala
1996 Chevy Express Van 1500 (Custom Conversion) V8 350 cubic inches
2006 Nissan Murano 3.5 Liter V6

I follow this line of thinking too with the synthetics I use. Dino changes around here cost $35 before tax and fees if you don't have a coupon.

Around here the going price is about $25 since the Wall Streeters "depressed our economy". The local high volume independent and Valvoline are both that price all the time for the last several months. My last syn oil change cost $7. $6 for the filter, and a dollar tax and stamps on some FAR syn.

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Around here the going price is about $25 since the Wall Streeters "depressed our economy". The local high volume independent and Valvoline are both that price all the time for the last several months.

That's cheap.

Around here, it's about $40 for an oil and filter change with conventional oil.

Corvette Owner-You can buy Mobil 1 even cheaper. Three times a year Costco sends me coupons for $7.00 off a case of Mobil 1. My Costco's normal price is $32.00 a case. The coupon brings it down to $25.00. I just bought 6 more cases. I stay stocked up because I use it in 2 trucks, 3 cars, and 3 outboard motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back