Engine Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha - I'm afraid to pull the trigger now on the Auto Rx...

I wanna hear more thoughts on the stuff before I use it.. Just concerned that in the end it could do more harm than good...

Anyone have some more opinions to add on Auto RX??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: steve20
used Restore in a circa 1982 Briggs & Stratton-figured I had nothing to lose, as it burns about 1/2 quart/hour. Well, I lost the 5 bucks it cost for a can of Restore cause it didn't do a darn thing

Steve

Can anything help a B&G?

Originally Posted By: stanleybb50

I wanna hear more thoughts on the stuff before I use it.. Just concerned that in the end it could do more harm than good...

Auto Rx is the very best engine de-sludger, seal re-sealer, piston ring de-frozen-er, and other stuff.

ARX is an excellent product, and will harm nothing.

Use it. When you change your oil filter after the recommend mileage, it'll weigh a buttload more than normal because of all the crud collected inside that ARX managed to free from your engine surfaces.

I doubt Auto-Rx is something for stanleybb50. If he is not capable of finding out what it is, or does, how can you be sure that he wan't drink it, or flush it down the toilet?

It is a great product.

Just do more research, there is plenty of info and testimonials.

I did research and looked around -- surfed the net for awhile...

Honestly, I feel like I can trust the responses from you guys on here more than the stuff I found if that makes any sense...

Just wanted you guys to put me at ease on the subject before I did it.

Thanks for all the follow-ups!

Alright - so my concern is that all the sludge that is grabbed off of different parts of the engine internals can then clog up something in the mean time and/or cause some extra wear and scratching to the engine...

I feel like if I used it, I'd be driving like an old grandpa and nervous everywhere I go because I feel like I'm damaging my engine after reading all about the thick [censored] and the almost clogged oil filters (yes I know, from the CLEANING)

But again.... I have done the research but am just concerned is all..

Nah, arx doesn't usualy lead to massive amounts of large particles of sludge. It's fairly slow and dissolves a lot of stuff. What's left is usaully small enough to make it through the pickup and deposit in the oil filter.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Restore from my understanding is just a oil thickener...nothing special.

Restore is way more than that.

Why the #$%^ does everybody say AUTO RX it when there's an issue with a motor.IT is not the cure all that everybody claims it to be. Yes it has helped others minor problems but not all.I've tried it along with a few of my friends with high mileage motors that didn't leak before and NOW they leak.

Originally Posted By: Twin
Why the #$%^ does everybody say AUTO RX it when there's an issue with a motor.IT is not the cure all that everybody claims it to be. Yes it has helped others minor problems but not all.I've tried it along with a few of my friends with high mileage motors that didn't leak before and NOW they leak.

I've been wondering and/or looking for a post like this...

Anyone else have experiences like this??

Originally Posted By: Twin

I've been wondering and/or looking for a post like this...

Anyone else have experiences like this??

Nope. All good for me.

Sheesh, I think you have found a recession proof way to make money. Get a job that is based on peoples fears.

Restore/Snake oil is a band-aid if that. Its a cold "remedy" when there is none.

If you engine is worn, you can compensate with thicker oil, HM oils etc.. but just like humans that get old and die, so to must your engine. If its physically damaged inside, nothing but a tear down is going to "restore" it.

Stop wasting your $$

How many folks have used the products before they comment on them? Restore is useful in certain situations. It goops up in small cracks in effort to restore compression. It doesn't goop up unless it gets exposed to the combustion temps. It is not just a thickener.

I HAVE used it and it CAN help. 1973 VW bus w/ 150,000 miles, top speed was about 25 mph on level ground. Before I used restore it would barely hit 15. Under high loads the stuff would burn out and be useless for a while, would have to drive/cool a few cycles for it to regain. I realize this is an extreme case, but the product was recommended by a mechanic friend and it did make a difference.

NOT what you want to put in a reasonably healthy car. It's a "one foot in the grave" band aid.

M

It is not a waste of money if it prolongs the life of the vehicle. Sure fixing it right would be the best solution but most people are not mechanics and don't have 1,000's of dollars lying around for a repair bill.

Spending $ 8.00 for Restore is doable and not a waste of money. It saves money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back