2 PI treatments on SSO oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used 2 bottles of Amsoil PI, My current oil is Amsoil SSO. Could I just change my oil filter out and top off the oil? Or should I do a whole oil change.

Current oil has 2k miles.

Why two bottles? I would definitely keep running the oil. Let us know of any mpg improvments.
cheers3.gif

Have to agree with buster. Why 2 bottles? That's some pretty strong stuff and recommends you use a bottle every 4K.

What kind of car did you use this in? If your worried about some of this getting past the rings and in to the oil, just take it out for a good freeway run for about 30 minutes.

The first bottle was the old batch. I dont think it did much. I just ordered some new ones. The last time I put it in was right after I changed the oil. Also the first one I put in was much darker than the current one I have.

Originally Posted By: bigbull2984
I have used 2 bottles of Amsoil PI, My current oil is Amsoil SSO. Could I just change my oil filter out and top off the oil? Or should I do a whole oil change.

Current oil has 2k miles.

You are probably ok. If it had been two bottles of the new stuff, I would say change the oil now. As noted, the new PI is much, much stronger than OLD PI.

is that why the color is different. THe new one is alot lighter color than old one.

Color has nothing to do with it. The new PI is a completely different chemistry. The old PI was more of an every tank maintenance dose, where the PI cleans in one tank and has a residual effect at keeping deposits off. That's why they recommend every 4K.

Although don't know what the effect of a full bottle of the old PI would have. Setting here looking at one of my bottles of the old PI it says that the bottle treats 160 gallons of gasoline. Recommended treat rate for 20 gallons is 2 oz.

I really like both products and wish Amsoil had not gotten rid of the old PI. It had it's applications and works very well for what I use it for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back