Please recommend a good Ford forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for a forum recommendation by you-know-who.
LOL.gif

I was kidding about the Bronco. I don't plan on going OJ on anybody.
48.gif

My desire to find Ford forums has nothing to do with any Ford vehicle I may or may not own.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: moribundman
I'm in the market for a '66 Bronco.

mori had better learn about carburetors and distributors then.
grin2.gif

My first car, a used 1980 Scirocco had a carburetor and distributor. My Chevy and Buick did, too. In case of the Buick, both components were a constant source of grief.

48.gif

My desire to find Ford forums has nothing to do with any Ford vehicle I may or may not own.

So you just want to troll there and make trouble.
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
48.gif

So you just want to troll there and make trouble.
spankme2.gif

He wants to go correct their spelling and grammar. A noble cause.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: MarkC
He wants to go correct their spelling and grammar. A noble cause.
grin2.gif

Ford owners are better spellers!
banana2.gif

My better half has a Ford.

I didn't know mori had a wife or girlfriend.
54.gif

I wonder what she looks like . . .
20.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Jaybird
Ford quality is running leaps and bounds over Toyota quality.
Which certainly doesn't fit the public perception.
But the numbers don't lie.

Yes, Ford has had some recalls of late, but in every instance the recall involves supplied parts, and not the actual assembly or design.
Toyota cannot make this claim, as their equipment is being built sub-standard, and recalls involving their design and assembly are happening more and more. Many Tundra owners are finding out that it is one of the cheapest built trucks on the market. Too bad there is not a recall for junk trucks that don't show themselves until 75-100k down the road. (shrug)

I'll agree with Jay about the trucks.

I did have a 98 F-150 and it had an idle arm problem that was a recall. Something on it would stick when the ambient air was cool and humid and wouldn't allow the choke (do fuel injected engines have chokes?) or something to not engage and I'd have to keep my foot on the accelerator when starting it or it wouldn't have enough rpm to keep running. After that initial startup, it would run fine.

I ran it till about 78k miles and sold it only b/c I needed a car for work. It was a decent truck.

My 02 Tacoma had a leaking water pump (defective by design according to my friend who's a Toyota tech). It was fixed under warranty. Also, if an oil change tech didn't know what he was doing and filled the driveshaft spline zerk too full of grease, the result was a "packing" effect. If you stopped at a light and then let your foot off the brake, you'd feel the rear end drop a little, I guess as the spline of the driveshaft "unstuck". The only way to fix it is to tear the driveshaft apart and remove the excess grease or replace the driveshaft.

All vehicles have issues, some more than others.

My friend has a 98 F-250 that he uses daily for work. He sells cypress wood. The tranny went out on it due to severe use and his tranny shop recommended an Allison replacement. I think that he keeps up the service pretty regularly but he's reported zero issues with that truck. And believe me, he's hard on his vehicles. It survived Katrina and a warehouse falling on it which dented the cab top a little, but it wasn't flooded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back