You can't beat Pennzoil in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Garak, well said.

Agreed, Well said! Thank you for the response to his rant.

Bill

Agreed....

But is there anything weong with sprending a little time with each oil?
whistle.gif

Relax there guys....

I wish to apologize to you all for losing my cool and mouthing off,especially to Bill in Utah. I appreciate everyone who came to my defense about what I thought was an innocent thread.

Originally Posted By: Hemi426
How refreshing. Wisdom from the land of corruption.

Nice cheap shot.

You expressed your opinion, and I expressed mine. But then you made it personal.

Another person added to my IGNORE list.

Goodbye.

I wish to apologize to you all for losing my cool and mouthing off,especially to Bill in Utah. ...

Thank you for saying that
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Then by all means you should use Valvoline in all of your cars and get rid of the Kendall and O'Reilly oils.

Johnny,

Valvoline 5w-30 is going back in the Saturn at the next oil change. The van will receive O'Reilly 10w-30 until the current supply runs out.

I have probably used Pennzoil dino 2nd to Havoline. I like them both and this is just the way it has worked out. At one good streach of time for about 15 years, maybe more, Havoline was always on sale and w/rebate also. Was buying cases for about $4-$6.

Dang it Gary I'm starting to think you are working for Mobil 1 now, you seem to mention Mobil 1 in every post you make... you can't serve two masters you know that... so the Amsoil banner below your name is just a leftover reminder ???
28.gif

Now I along with others agree Pennzoil makes some "goot" stuff I have ran all of their lines in local walmart/auto stores with zero complaints.. However I will agree with others as well many oil compaines produce some outstanding oils now.. it would be harder to find a bad oil than a good one... I'm sure you could mismatch to the extreme ends to accomplish this... but all of that said Pennzoil is playing ball with the top synthetic oil producer, and seller now.. it looks like Pennzoil has come a long way from the wax oils making sludge monsters out of every engine they have been in to one of the best oils on the shelf... and even being compared to be as good as boutique oils !! I say bravo Pennzoil !!

I tend to agree with the OP, that when looked at on the whole, Pennzoil can't be beat.

Their conventional oil almost always shows very low wear numbers, and last through long OCI's (seen a couple of 10K+ ones that were good)...same thing can be said for any of their products...

Also, their oil is very accessible - it's sold everywhere, so worry about finding it. Pennzoil, like Coke, has done a good job on that part of the marketing - when people 'think' of oil, the think of PYB.

Originally Posted By: rclint
Dang it Gary I'm starting to think you are working for Mobil 1 now, you seem to mention Mobil 1 in every post you make... you can't serve two masters you know that... so the Amsoil banner below your name is just a leftover reminder ???
28.gif

grin2.gif
No. I just like to say hello to my good friend Tig1. He's an iconic member of distinction. Unwavering and steadfast in his on line persona.
thumbsup2.gif

Only Amsoil products go into my vehicles where practical. All drive train fluids ..and most use the motor oils.

Were the opportunity to buy PYB at a price advantage present itself, it would be used without reservation.

Originally Posted By: XS650
I wish to apologize to you all for losing my cool and mouthing off,especially to Bill in Utah. ...

Thank you for saying that
thumbsup2.gif

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back