You can't beat Pennzoil in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shell makes good lubricants. They have been more aggressive lately and their new synthetic is very good.

I'll just solve the whole problem. I'll no longer post on any of the forums on this communist ruled message board. Anybody else can post anything they wish but if I post anything I either get banned or chastised. There are plenty of other oil forums out there to join.

I do not get why people are getting upset at all by his comment. The title says in my opinion. He was not stating it like it was fact. Its his opinion and I do not know of any rules that state anything against someone stating their opinion about oil? Big deal! Its his opinion. He was not bashing any other oil. He simply gave his opinion of one oil. Of coarse this is just my opinion and how I read this thread.

Originally Posted By: Hemi426
I'll just solve the whole problem. I'll no longer post on any of the forums on this communist ruled message board. Anybody else can post anything they wish but if I post anything I either get banned or chastised. There are plenty of other oil forums out there to join.

I hope I don't regret interjecting. Freedom of speech (both in the U.S. and Canada) rights are designed to protect individuals against infringement by the state, and not by other private individuals. As far as I know, Helen and donors pay for this site, and not the state. So, if I tried to hijack BITOG to shill a bunch of products while not being a sponsor, I should expect to be censored. This isn't my bandwidth. It's BITOG's. If I wish to shill or want more freedom of speech, I can open my own board. Alternatively, I can follow the rules here.

Freedom of speech, within the rules of BITOG, is limited by the need to protect users and BITOG. I suspect that no one would want this board to become a soap box for slander, for example; no one wants lawsuits.

Also, if someone gave me some seemingly innocuous advice that would, in fact, if followed cause severe, costly damage to my vehicle, I would expect either other users to chime in, and if they didn't, I would expect the mods to censor the post if they recognized the peril. We also all know we cannot yell "Fire!" in a crowded theatre.

Besides, this isn't a communist ruled message board. The means of production of BITOG are privately owned, and not commonly held, so communism doesn't apply.
wink.gif

The OP shouldn't feel bad at all. What he posted was fine, if not ideal, for an oil forum. He just wanted to express his satisfaction and spur some new discussion on the subject.

It's not like he does it constantly nor continually steers +/- comments toward a certain brand.

Really, the thread was fine, up to a certain point.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
The OP shouldn't feel bad at all. What he posted was fine, if not ideal, for an oil forum. He just wanted to express his satisfaction and spur some new discussion on the subject.

In that vein, I agree. The only real beef I have with SOPUS is that in Canada, they've cut a lot of their bulk distribution centres. In a largely agricultural area, such as in which I reside, there are bulk distribution centres for just about everyone, except them.

On the other hand, their products are available everywhere, and getting a 5 gallon jug is as easy as driving to Walmart or Canadian Tire. The quality and value of SOPUS products is certainly of no concern.

I truly believe that (*Fill in your favorite oil brand here) is the best oil as long as it is on sale. My stash is full of Valvoline/Shell/Pennzoil/Quaker State/Castrol/Honda Genuine(Got a discount on it).

I use them all with confidence.
wink.gif

My car will see Royal Purple, Castrol, Valvoline and Mobil based on what I'm using and my stash.

My wife's car will have seen Conoco, Castrol, Havoline, Quaker State, Mobil and Valvoline by the time The Stash is depleted.

Why someone would limit themselves to one brand is beyond me.

That is exactly why my engine is an oil [censored]!
lol.gif

Right on Audi! It gets rather boring using the same stuff all the time. It`s fun experimenting with different oils.

Originally Posted By: StevieC

That is exactly why my engine is an oil [censored]!
lol.gif

My car is Heidi Fleiss; has 3 different oil brands and 2 different weights in the sump right now.

My car will see Royal Purple, Castrol, Valvoline and Mobil based on what I'm using and my stash.

My wife's car will have seen Conoco, Castrol, Havoline, Quaker State, Mobil and Valvoline by the time The Stash is depleted.

Why do you put oil in an engine, tranny, PS pump, etc? The reason I do is to protect these systems from failure and increase the life of lubricated parts. I have used M1, as you know for three decades, and am pleased to report that I have never had a lubricated part fail useing their products. It is hard to improve on that. Would I have had the same results with oil hopping? Maybe, maybe not. No way for me to know. It's for sure I'm not limiting myself to anything negitive because of my maintainence habits.

Originally Posted By: MoparDak05
I truly believe that (*Fill in your favorite oil brand here) is the best oil as long as it is on sale. My stash is full of Valvoline/Shell/Pennzoil/Quaker State/Castrol/Honda Genuine(Got a discount on it).

I use them all with confidence.
wink.gif

I agree, the second best SM/GF4 oil the FAR and the best oil is the one paid you (not much but you still have changes in your pocket after rebates) to use it.

I never got any FAR or money from Pennzoil, they are not the two best oil in my book.
56.gif

As for Pennzoil, I believe their oil is as good as any oil there is, including the speciality oils, for the average street engine.

On the Pennzoil note,my car is a lil low on power steering fluid. My car uses Dex. Pennzoil Dex ATF is going in it :^) Reason I think Pennzoil is good stuff is just seeing so many high mile cars that have used nothing but. My dad`s 1990 Olds 88 for example (has passed the 500,000 mile mark long ago). Doesn`t use or leak a single drop. It`s used Pennzoil yb 10W30 since brand new from his friend`s lube change shop. They don`t use any bulk. All they have is a huge garage full of different brands of oil quarts. You pull in,they ask you what you want,they take the quarts from the shelf,and fill it up.

Last edited:
I agree. I been using Pennzoil products for 25 years. I've strayed to Mobil 1 and Amsoil at times but I always come back to Pennzoil.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
I don't see why a statement of opinion deserves its own thread.
It's not like I even disagree with the opinion, but the post is pointless.

I agree. This thread serves no purpose.
Lock it up Mods.

What did I miss
54.gif

TIG!!! Tig posted!! How's M1? Good I see.
thankyou2.gif

For the record, PYB has an honorable spot in my oil shrine (just to stay on topic).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back