Yet Another Vehicle Recommendation Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
What are the thoughts on the Durango? I know it's now unibody, but how do you think it would hold up? Might have to take one for a ride.

Its the same chassis as a Jeep Grand Cherokee. GREAT driving dynamics, great powertrain (regardless of which combo you get).

But its a very different animal from your old Xterra. Its fully indepenent suspension, unibody, and the Durango (I believe) has fewer 4x4 configurations than the Grand Cherokee.

I'd have recommended it in a heartbeat (wife has a 4x2 Grand Cherokee), except that its a lot less "brutish" for lack of a better word. When I think Xterra, I think similar to my XJ Cherokees: Solid axles, locking center diff (not automagical AWD of some sort), with levers into the transfer case instead of knobs... :)

I have a 2014 durango. While I really like the vehicle and its road manners and comfort, it is not a off road vehicle. Maybe if you consider groomed gravel roads "off road". But other than groomed gravel roads, Id say without doubt, NO. Ground clearance is lacking as well.

Last edited:
A Toyota 4runner would meet your criteria and should provide many years of reliable service. My toyotas have anyhow...

Here are two near me. People don't offroad where I live, these trucks just went to shopping malls. Couple hour drive but might be worth it. Both will play on price I'm sure.

Pro4x

Number 2

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
Here are two near me. People don't offroad where I live, these trucks just went to shopping malls. Couple hour drive but might be worth it. Both will play on price I'm sure.

Number 2

Thank you for option #2, I'm actively negotiating for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back