Wounded Vets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mystic

As long as you are not being attacked it is all good-right?

Again, if you call that "being attacked" you lead an extremely sheltered life.
If someone wants to attack me, fire away- I'll deal with it without hiding behind my mother's skirts or trying to muzzle my "attacker."

I think whenever the US gets involved in a war, a decision has to be made whether to win that war or not get involved at all. Vietnam is a good example. I think the political leaders who started to get us involved in that war had good intentions, but they had to make a decision-if you go to war, go to war to win. If not, don't get involved at all.

Obviously I don't mean use nuclear weapons or anything like that. But the US probably could have won in Vietnam.

It is ridiculous to hate the soldiers. They just did what they were ordered to do.

Even the political leaders probably had good intentions. But if you are in a war, you can't use half measures. And good decisions have to be made whether to get involved at all.

But this post is about wounded vets, and they certainly deserve our respect and care.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Originally Posted By: Plumber
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'm growing tired of soldier worship.

What about police and firemen? That too?

Firemen is OK.

At least some firemen:

In a roughly 30-second portion of the recorded call, he's heard twice asking if Jaydon Chavez-Silver was breathing. The caller responds, "He’s barely breathing. How many times do I have to f---ing tell you?" to which Sanchez replies that he isn't going to "deal with this" and then hangs up. Jaydon later died from the gunshot.

http://krqe.com/2015/07/27/albuquerque-f...dling-911-call/

These vets have the resources to know what they are getting themselves into, they are NOT serving to protect and defend
We The People of The United States of America, instead they are defending the special interests of big corporations and certain other powerful VERY special interests. There is NO excuse claiming ignorance when you join the US Military Corporation of America.

Originally Posted By: cjcride
If the government and large business does well does it not trickle down to the people?

Yes, like yellow rain. There is little of it and it stinks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: cjcride
If the government and large business does well does it not trickle down to the people?

Yes, like yellow rain. There is little of it and it stinks.

Nicely put.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
You having some trouble with spelling or comprehension Benito? It is flash mob. Look it up on Google. Or since you were asking advice about Bing vs Google, look it up on both those search engines and compare.

Flash mob is spelled with an 'a.'

Flesh is spelled with an 'e.'

You complain about being picked on but choose reply snidely to a typo and potentially an odd reference.

cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back