Would you purchase a $400 car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Turbo_Lemming
I've had some cheap cars that needed almost nothing, or actually nothing.

What happened to every single one of those cars, Joseph?

Additionally, I'm going to take it that you bailed out on whatever program you were in down in Georgia?

Sounds like the car was wrecked. If it was something I really wanted I'd buy it. Or if I could maybe make a profit on it. Which as a flip or parts car should be on problem.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
I've had some cheap cars that needed almost nothing, or actually nothing.

What happened to every single one of those cars, Joseph?

Additionally, I'm going to take it that you bailed out on whatever program you were in down in Georgia?

For the sake of the thread, and without acknowledgeing at whom, ? I can address the question of what happened to the cars and say that there were a few and that I don't exactly remember them all and that at least two of them became stolen. A third, I gave back to it's owner because he only sold because he fell on hard times and I believe in good deeds. He was overjoyed to see his car again.

I'm pretty sure I destroyed at least one of them, if that's what you're getting at. I forget how many there were.

You're not being honest. A search of this very forum will showcase your recent automotive history; we all make mistakes, but you're refusing to learn from them.

(P.S. - I'm not hatin' on you. Just don't want to see you keep doing the same stupid ****)

If I post the text of the ad that brought this thread on, I fear it will no longer be about the question of if someone would buy a $400 car, rather if I should buy a specific car. It would change the thread!

If I post the text of the ad that brought this thread on, I fear it will no longer be about the question of if someone would buy a $400 car, rather if I should buy a specific car. It would change the thread!

If this thread is nothing more than another one for social interaction, then carry on.

If you actually want help, post the ad text.

Here is the text of the ad, exact make and model of car REMOVED to keep thread on-topic, its really good so far:

Quote:

CL
>
for sale >
cars & trucks - by owner
post account
reply x prohibited[?] Posted: 18 days ago
◀ prev ▲ next ▶
- $575
image 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

We are selling our 2000 . It has 138,xxx miles on it. We are selling it because we no longer need it.
We were recently driving it and forgot to latch the hood and the hood flew up and bent back ...as a result of that the drivers side headlamp assembly, the front bumper and front grille was damaged.
I purchased a headlamp assembly and a grille from a pull a part place but decided after that that we were not going to keep the car and invest anymore money into it...
The car's overall condition is consistent with its age...it has its share of dents and dings as pictures will show. The motor is making a loud knocking noise and not sure what it is...it can be driven but only with the hood tied down....
The inside rear hatch on the rear door is coming down and I have it all taped up
The car has a clean title and I'm looking to sell it to someone who needs some type of transportation or if someone needs it for parts. I'm being as transparent I can be with this car so please only serious inquiries only....I know the car has a lot of problems so come to me with your best offer and lets talk.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to give me a call.
PLEASE NO SCAMMERS....IM NOT CASHING A CHECK THAT'S MORE THAN THE ASKING PRICE THAT YOURE SENDING AND THEN WAITING ON IT TO CLEAR BEFORE YOU ARRANGE PICKING UP SO DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5547525879 posted: 2016-04-19 10:26pm email to friend ♥ best of [?]
© 2016 CL help safety terms about desktop

He will take $400 for the car. Said its worth $319 as scrap.

And that loud knocking noise? Well, when the car started and ran and drove, it was not loud. I have had vehicles with LOUD knocking noise (these are some of the ones I've destroyed that another poster referenced in a previous post that I don't remember until when and if I am reminded of, which may or may not be necessary,) and this one isn't loud. Not that a knocking noise is good. Just that it didn't sound horrible. Didn't really change with rev, either.

How many Volvo XC's have you blown up now?

Buying yet another one, this time with a motor that's already making a "loud knocking noise" is beyond absurd.

I was hoping this thread would not be about one specific car.

FWIW, I may already have it sold at a profit, to someone who has crashed cars. (I may have destroyed, but I've never crashed or drank. I've done literally everything else, though.)

Now I just hope nobody buys this thing.

Get back in the bag, cat.. lol..

I was hoping this thread would not be about one specific car

Then what's the point?

The problem with buying a high end car cheap, is that it is still a high end car when you buy parts.

If it were Japanese, I might consider it. German......Probably not.

Buying yet another one, this time with a motor that's already making a "loud knocking noise" is beyond absurd.

Here's the thing: There aren't any DTCs, that trans shifts GOOD, and what is stopping it from being like this one? http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5529077714.html

What was stopping ANY of your previous cars from being a mint one?

I was hoping this thread would not be about one specific car

Then what's the point?

Meaning: This was a question asked about cheaper cars, in general. This one was supposed to be a point of reference, and example. Its still done a somewhat good job, as its not American or Japanese, which seemingly would influence the decision..

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Do you have the $400 yet?

Yes, I do. As far as the end of the week goes, anyway. I simply have not jumped yet..

You know there is an XC engine in North Las Vegas NV that costs more than this, right?

Here's the thing: There aren't any DTCs, that trans shifts GOOD, and what is stopping it from being like this one? http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5529077714.html

What was stopping ANY of your previous cars from being a mint one?

I did have an answer, but this is thoughts provoking question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back