World economic collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody wants an underwater mortgage, but that's exactly what happened to lots of people not that long ago. The bubble will pop like it always does, but let's just hope it's not as bad as it was last time.

So what? If the dollar collapses, there'll be hyperinflation, and it will act like a jubilee and our debts will be forgiven. Our worthless paper dollars are mostly stored overseas, by people who believe in them more than their own home currency.

Look how strong the dollar has been lately; folks the world over are flocking to it because we have our act together slightly better than the Eurozone.

The only ones with something to fear are the trust fund babies who don't know how to MAKE money/ be productive in a revised economy, and would see Daddy's nest egg shrivel up. Daddy, of course, was some sort of insider trader who cooked the books and grabbed his share when noone was looking. Now that there's "old money" daddy wants to defend what he took out of circulation, so he has us all fighting over gay marriage and other frippery.

Yep, eljefino.
thumbsup2.gif

If everyone were wise..... they'd be covering all bases, so no matter what happens (barring death & destruction of course) they would be doing alright.

BUT, we have so many people stuck with a video screen plastered to their faces & think that's life - how many people actually have life skills & know how to plan for emergencies & other situations?

Relax - The world is growing richer every day. Emerging markets are expanding. More countries are getting electricity, roads and infrastructure. There are always commodity boom & bust cycles. This current low price of oil is a huge economic tailwind. Consumers are buying more worldwide. More than 80,000,000 new cars are sold every year! The stock market will go up and down, but it just keeps setting new highs eventually. If you got out in 2008, you missed a chance to triple your money. If you don't know much about investing, just buy a low cost index ETF like VOO and leave it alone. It's not complicated - the world is growing.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I don't know how anybody can predict things. I know they say the economy is slowing. But my brother in law, and sister are thinking the stuff is going to hit the fan, if you know what I mean? Thoughts? I guess some people did predict the last downturn?

E-mail my brother in law sent to me:

"This might be worth considering. I strongly do not recommend buying a house in this economy. If the economy gets as bad as predicted you may loose your job and then can’t make the mortgage payments as the house value drops to 50%. I know it is hard to wait but it is the prudent thing to do.

Kind regards"

Has your BIL been on the conspiracy forums?

oilboy123,

www.Dailyjobcuts.com

Caterpillar announced last week 10,000 layoffs due to slowing sales and slowing global demand. I hope there is not another recession.... but the stock market always fluctuates.

Best bet is to budget your money and watch your debt if you are worried about job loss. Rebalance your 401K and investments. Have a rainy day fund and circle the wagons. Your brother sounds cautious and conservative.... not a loon.

A great economic indicator is the one your on now.
Forget what experts say if you run an Internet business.
If the economy is tanking, your the first to know as sales dry up.
I must say the last quarter has been dismal.

Bush and Obama did nothing positive to grow the economy. We got here for a reason.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
There are a select few that do know approximately when things are going to collapse at least in our mortal world. Folks from the Fed Res, and other large banking institutions.

I'd say another five years MAX before the house of cards comes down completely, and like mongo said, it will be a catastrophe of biblical proportions, it will be every man for himself all around the world, although there will be a few islands of civility that will remain. That will be where the elite will land, but you can bet that they will be targets of death for eternity after the collapse.

Dooms dayers like you crack me up! Do you have your nuke-proof bunker in the back yard all stocked up with years worth of supplies? Lol!

Mortgage is cheaper than rent on a comparable property. IF you didn't overbuy you should be fine in a bad economy. Get a job making less. Never mind that with a house you get a year, or maybe significantly more time, to have a place to live for free and save money if the worst does happen. Yeah, if you bought the max house you could afford with the cool new job you got two years ago you could have some difficulties if things go bad.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
There are a select few that do know approximately when things are going to collapse at least in our mortal world. Folks from the Fed Res, and other large banking institutions.

I'd say another five years MAX before the house of cards comes down completely, and like mongo said, it will be a catastrophe of biblical proportions, it will be every man for himself all around the world, although there will be a few islands of civility that will remain. That will be where the elite will land, but you can bet that they will be targets of death for eternity after the collapse.

Dooms dayers like you crack me up! Do you have your nuke-proof bunker in the back yard all stocked up with years worth of supplies? Lol!

There is a survival expo here in KC this weekend. Selling all those supplies. Im sure it will be packed for all the advertising they are doing..

The loose vs lose bothers me in the email beyond writing kind regards to your brother in law...All I have to go on but seriously makes me doubt the credibility and "wisdom" of someone who cannot correctly use words.

Mono161,

I knew a guy who bought 'investment' duplexes for Section 8 rentals and lost about $250,000 over a 5 year period.

All he had to do was invest in dividend paying stocks and avoid the headaches of being a landlord for Section 8 folks. They trashed his properties and he walked away from properties letting bank foreclosure.

The way things are going, in about 2 years, I'm afraid that new maps of the world are going to say "Uninhabitable Zone" from the eastern border of Egypt to the Western border of India. This will be too bad for everybody, but things are just spiraling out of control

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hatt
Mortgage is cheaper than rent on a comparable property. IF you didn't overbuy you should be fine in a bad economy. Get a job making less. Never mind that with a house you get a year, or maybe significantly more time, to have a place to live for free and save money if the worst does happen. Yeah, if you bought the max house you could afford with the cool new job you got two years ago you could have some difficulties if things go bad.

+1

Too many folks overbuy, end up in over their heads and "house poor"...

None of us will ever see a collapse of the world economy in our lifetimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back