Apple Watch

Not for me and I say that as an absolute diehard Apple guy who wants to own every product they make. We can’t wear a watch at work anyway so I’d have to take it off constantly. If I’m going to have a watch I want the basic analog. If someone gave me one I’d be happy but I’d only wear it on the weekends then it would probably be forgotten about after a week or two and sit in a drawer for years. I personally see any smart watch as a total waste of money but that’s just me. Texting on my phone is so easy and I ignore most calls so really no use to me.

I had never worn a watch in my life and always rolled my eyes at the thought of a smartwatch until I ended up buying an Apple Watch SE 2 in October 2022. Can't see myself ever going without now. Reminders, text messages, emails, weather, etc. all instantaneous. If my hands are full I can tell it to send a text without having to get my phone. Calls sound great and people on the other end can't tell I'm not using the phone, so if I'm doing dishes or something and can't run and get my phone, I just push answer and continue on. I get 2 days out of a charge.

Who has ever died thinking I should have been more available to everyone, everywhere, and anytime?
Exactly. I understand business reasons to be available as much as possible....but for personal use? Nope. Don't need to be bugged wherever I am. Prefer to be 'unavailable' much of my time.

Exactly. I understand business reasons to be available as much as possible....but for personal use? Nope. Don't need to be bugged wherever I am. Prefer to be 'unavailable' much of my time.
If it's important they can send a car or a helicopter or something. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I've got a few people I want to be available to 24/7. And some I no longer can be. This watch is good for diving, which I don't do, but that means showers are nothing. Miss talking to a parent on the morning of their death due to not having the option. Then come back and tell me it's a nuisance to have this.

Yeah, I've got a few people I want to be available to 24/7. And some I no longer can be. This watch is good for diving, which I don't do, but that means showers are nothing. Miss talking to a parent on the morning of their death due to not having the option. Then come back and tell me it's a nuisance to have this.
I can be paged anywhere anytime but not by everyone and I can call back.

Last edited:
I had never worn a watch in my life and always rolled my eyes at the thought of a smartwatch until I ended up buying an Apple Watch SE 2 in October 2022. Can't see myself ever going without now. Reminders, text messages, emails, weather, etc. all instantaneous. If my hands are full I can tell it to send a text without having to get my phone. Calls sound great and people on the other end can't tell I'm not using the phone, so if I'm doing dishes or something and can't run and get my phone, I just push answer and continue on. I get 2 days out of a charge.
Good point, call quality is amazing. Your correct people can’t tell the difference.
Yes two days on a charge with my Watch 7 though now at the two year mark I find myself throwing it on the mag charger while I take a shower at almost every night.

One other thing is if you’re using the GPS on your phone it will also show the map on the watch and ping your wrist when it’s time to make a turn. This is really helpful on my motorcycle. I leave the phone in the saddle bag and rely on the watch GPS, long trips I use a mounted unit though. It’s also cool in the car, leave the GPS silent and don’t even have to pay attention since it pings your wrist.
You can use the same GPS hiking to.

Also great for setting timers and reminders. Just tell Siri on the watch what you want to do.

Then maybe you should buy one for every member of the family AND make sure they check in every hour or so? I mean you never know when tragedy strikes, right? Funny how we all survived just fine without smart watches/phones. Perhaps you are too young to remember?

Used it for the first phone call this morning. Nice to not have to carry/hold or otherwise keep up with my phone to talk to a friend. Excellent call quality, maybe better than my iPhone on speaker.

Good point, call quality is amazing. Your correct people can’t tell the difference.
Yes two days on a charge with my Watch 7 though now at the two year mark I find myself throwing it on the mag charger while I take a shower at almost every night.

One other thing is if you’re using the GPS on your phone it will also show the map on the watch and ping your wrist when it’s time to make a turn. This is really helpful on my motorcycle. I leave the phone in the saddle bag and rely on the watch GPS, long trips I use a mounted unit though. It’s also cool in the car, leave the GPS silent and don’t even have to pay attention since it pings your wrist.
You can use the same GPS hiking to.

Also great for setting timers and reminders. Just tell Siri on the watch what you want to do.
Yes I forgot about the navigation. I do that with my old Jeep that doesn't have Apple CarPlay.

Back