Wife Wants New Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
CR-V or whatever, once you have the convenience of a hatchback/suv with loading all the kids stuff you won't ever want to go back. Especially now that they'll have bigger stuff to bring. Or if they con you into buying a dog.

CRV/Forrester/Rav4/Escape/CX-5, the list is long and it's a very competitive segment so they are all pretty good. The Rav4 came with a (for children only) third row in the last generation, and an available V6. Otherwise they all share pretty much the same formula.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
[Quote-Phishin:] "This is a considerable chunk of change for us"

If money is the issue, switch cars with your wife and let her take the Accord!

This is where im at. If its a lot of $$ for ya...why do it?..why?

It gets more and more expensive by the day to live. The middle class is disappearing and I think its gonna get much worse, pretty fast, before its gets better...WE are the consumers, we are slaves to marketing and its all I want, I want, I want.

Im not picking on your Wife....absolutely not, we are all at question here....financial pressure sucks, its more stress, less living.

Just my 2c...

Originally Posted By: Phishin
She is a social worker, with a skimpy income. Gas might be a problem for her on this one. Plus, that is a total dude car. She wants something a little more "chicky".

Chevy Spark in Pink
121024111935-pf-chevy-spark-city-car-00000618-video-15.jpg

A VW Beetle comes to mind as a chick car (any car that comes with a flower vase is a chick car).

Originally Posted By: stro_cruiser

It gets more and more expensive by the day to live. The middle class is disappearing and I think its gonna get much worse, pretty fast, before its gets better...WE are the consumers, we are slaves to marketing and its all I want, I want, I want.

Im not picking on your Wife....absolutely not, we are all at question here....financial pressure sucks, its more stress, less living.

Just my 2c...

???

Just my 2c...

I kind of agree, if the Altima is in decent shape, just swap cars. OTOH maybe its better to sell the Altima while its worth something before its scrap.

Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc
PT Cruiser or Chevy HHR.

As ugly those cars look to me & THANK GOD my super cool wife.

A few girls I dated in the past liked em, and a good friend's wife loves her HHR

Originally Posted By: itguy08
She is a social worker, with a skimpy income. Gas might be a problem for her on this one. Plus, that is a total dude car. She wants something a little more "chicky".

Chevy Spark in Pink

A VW Beetle comes to mind as a chick car (any car that comes with a flower vase is a chick car).

Lmao, no way will a penny of mine will be spent on something like that

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc
PT Cruiser or Chevy HHR.

As ugly those cars look to me & THANK GOD my super cool wife.

A few girls I dated in the past liked em, and a good friend's wife loves her HHR

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are plenty of cars I would consider ugly...those two look good to me though.

Originally Posted By: itguy08

Chevy Spark in Pink

If a tree fell on my Focus today and I had to get a new vehicle - the Spark (but not in pink ...) would be on my list!

Just my 2c...

How about "I need to reliably get from point a to point b while driving your kids around?"

It's a 14 year old. It's under 200kmiles, but it's still 14 years old. Not sure what Indiana is like, but it'd be a rustbucket here.

I like the idea of swapping cars. Unless if the intent is a new car for her, in which case it's a bit harder.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

If a tree fell on my Focus today and I had to get a new vehicle - the Spark (but not in pink ...) would be on my list!

Its lines may not be for everyone, but Ive had one as a rental more than once, and it really isnt bad...

why not swap cars and have her drive the accord. if she likes that? Then go find your mercedes 123 wagon :p

I've heard it's a good little car and the OP's wife wants a "chicky" car. It doesn't get much more chicky than Pink!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Danno
Recommend staying away from the GM Equinox 2.4L family. Heard too many timing chain problem stories.

The only issues with the 2.4L I've heard were related to the VVT system in 2011 models, that have since been fixed. I've heard of no substantial problems with the timing chain on those engines.

CR-V, as others suggested, is pretty solid. Basically just a tall Civic, which is a good car to begin with. 4WD, too.

Otherwise take a look at the Hyundai/Kia crossovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back