Which is the best Noack oil? I have these choices:

I’m still waiting on answer to my question: define “best”
Everything is fragmented into oils that are based on different engine types and OEM specs so it's really not answerable. I guess the best you could go for is go with the most demanding oil spec.

Everything is fragmented into almost niche based oils that are based on different engine types and OEM specs so it's really not answerable. I guess the best you could go for is go with the most demanding oil spec.
Kinda what I thought. Thank Yiu sir. I just get tired of folks asking “what’s the best oil for me?”

"Other things to bear in mind are that in terms of additives, polymeric ashless dispersants counter piston deposits, overbased metallic detergents do not"

Some of these Euro lower SA blends are very appealing as they appear to contain the same or higher quality base oils, minus all the overbased metallic additives/detergents. Mobil 1 Triple may fall into this category now with it's unique additive system.

Lubricants with no or very low ash rely on ashless dispersants for max control of insolubles/deposits.

The price of Amsoil Euro 5w30 is $17.99 qt (PC cost is $13.99) Purely speculating but it's possible this is due to these modern chemistries while still retaining the great solvency/oxidation resistance base oils. It's a known fact that the chemistry required for such blends is more costly. Kind of a best of both worlds approach? 🤷‍♂️
As long as the conditions are conducive to these sorts of oils (lower detergent levels, lower TBN) being used. My Jeep appears to kick the crap out of the TBN (and it's not fuel) of full-SAPS Euro oils just going by the OLM, so I'd be concerned as to the ability of an oil with a less robust additive package being capable of handling this.

Of course the base oil blend of the HPL should prevent any ring land deposits.

As long as the conditions are conducive to these sorts of oils (lower detergent levels, lower TBN) being used. My Jeep appears to kick the crap out of the TBN (and it's not fuel) of full-SAPS Euro oils just going by the OLM, so I'd be concerned as to the ability of an oil with a less robust additive package being capable of handling this.

Of course the base oil blend of the HPL should prevent any ring land deposits.
Good point. I really don't know to be honest. I've never used any of these Euro blends.

Back