What's Everybody Hiding From?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SubLGT
Lately I have been seeing a lot more vehicles with super dark window tint on all the side windows (and the rear window). You literally cannot see if there is a driver in the car, unless you stand 3 feet away. What's behind this trend?

These are all Homeland Security employees?
Hiding texting while driving?

Here in South Florida, window tint is a wonderful thing (if done right)

In some vehicles (such as our bright white, company F150) without tint, it's annoying to drive at certain times of the day. The sun heats you up through the drivers window and windshield, the AC is on full blast even though the vehicle is white, and you still get overheated.

Contrast that to my silver Jaguar, with satin silver window tint. It remains cool inside, nearly all day. And the AC is rarely on "full blast". A much more pleasant ride.

in michigan: any glass past the driver's row can be any %, no restrictions. i imagine if it were reflective, it will cause you some grief.

driver's row and windshield, like a 4" strip on top, i want to say that is also any %.

i..... have what may be a strange idea, but i have some 5% laying around and intend on using it. the rear row windows will be getting a full layer, the rear glass.... i am curious as to what it would look like and how effective it would be to do an upper and lower strip and leave the portion of the rear glass that is effective clear or at least, with a less powerful tint to help keep rear visibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back