What's Everybody Hiding From?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
My car came with very dark, reflective tint. Not typically legal on cars. Does match the car nicely though...

I don't like it. I sometimes end up putting the windows down at night, just to see at intersections.

That is definitely a problem I could foresee.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
My car came with very dark, reflective tint. Not typically legal on cars. Does match the car nicely though...

I don't like it. I sometimes end up putting the windows down at night, just to see at intersections.

But why is it a big deal to put your window down?

Some of you have mentioned you like your windows tinted to help keep the heat down in the summer and I can understand that, but others have mentioned they like tinting for privacy...makes me wonder what these people are doing in their vehicles that they need privacy...

I look at it this way:
1. Heat relief
2. Looks really good on some cars

Thinking like a thief, if its real dark, hmmm, what's being hidden, must be valuable!

you can have mine. she is good at doing taxes, but not mine. new subject: a few weeks ago the IRS sent me a letter it said i owed $4,000, for 2011 taxes. i took it to my tax lady. she AND the IRS, made a mistake. after she fixed it i get back $500.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Originally Posted By: lexus114

But why is it a big deal to put your window down?

Uhhhhh....well for instance on a very cold night when it`s maybe 10 degrees out. And the car has not even warmed up yet. Other than that, I guess it isn't a problem. I prefer a real light tint over limo tint anyway.

Last edited:
My Kia dealer throws in tint free with every purchase. I have bought two cars from them, the one I have now and an 06 Spectra5. It's much appreciated.

It does make a difference down here in Texas. When you have the tint and put a shade on your windshield when you park, your car cools down faster because the hard plastics are not heated up like they would be if the sun is beating down on them. My car has effective AC and cools off in a matter of minutes but it's still more comfortable to get in a car that is somewhat cooler than one that has been baking in the sun for 8 hours.

Once you go black you'll never go back. (regarding tinted windows that is) Ive had tinted windows for 11 years now, had it done initially because I thought it looked cool. But now I really appreciate it for keeping the sun glare out of the car, privacy is nice too. Gotta have the tint strip on the windshield too, if you dont get that your missing out.

5064030734_6259bd6fb5_m.jpg

I used to not care for tinted windows too much,but my wife's G8 that we bought last year has them. I think it looks good,and my wife says she will never go back to untinted windows. It sure helps with keeping the interior heat down!

The car has 20 inch wheels and low profile tiress too! I know that and the tint drives all the old guys crazy.
wink.gif

What are people using for application fluid? Was thinking about using RAPID TAC or RAPID TAC II. Going to vinyl/tint my kids headlights.

A few months ago I saw a pickup (brodozer style) with blue tint covering the entire windshield.

Originally Posted By: 84zmyfavorite
Legalization of MariJuana here in Washington would be the cause.

If it's legal, why would you care about hiding it?

Originally Posted By: Brons2
. . .
It does make a difference down here in Texas. When you have the tint and put a shade on your windshield when you park, your car cools down faster because the hard plastics are not heated up like they would be if the sun is beating down on them. My car has effective AC and cools off in a matter of minutes but it's still more comfortable to get in a car that is somewhat cooler than one that has been baking in the sun for 8 hours.

I have tint, put a sunshade up in the front, and if the car will be parked all day -- or even just a few hours -- I put a spare one up in the back window as well. And I try to park where I'll get some shade in the afternoon. (Usually a vain exercise.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back