What MMO FUEL Dose Have You Found to Work Best ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After several tankfulls of MMO treated fuel with the last one being a 6oz/10gal dose, I removed the front bank of spark plugs (very easy side)and the plugs look great, no evidence of oil or discolored residue, looking into the spark plug hole with a good focus beam flashlight, I can see minor black carbon deposits on the piston top, I will check again after several more tankfulls to see if it gets reduced from MMO.

for the last year and half i have used 4 oz in 10 gal in the gas tank, and http://www.ampcolubes.com/index.php upper oiler, 32 oz in 800-900 miles. comes to about 2 times the recmended amount. no troubles. i also put 32oz of tcw-3 in one gal before i start useing the mmo. i realy was thinking i might foul out some spark plugs, but no.

I have not used MMO in my vehicles for a while. I just dosed 4 oz in 10 gal of gasoline. I was surprised that I "felt" better throttle response in just few miles. I certainly was not expecting much in my car even though I do use it in my lawnmower.

I used to use the TC-W3 in the past but the stickiness and the resultant mess to add it to the tank eventually caused me to stop using it. I had used MMO in the past but compared to TC-W3, MMO needs the "double" dose and I ran out of my small MMO bottle shortly. Hence I had given up on both TC-W3 and MMO.

Now that I have a little bigger bottle from Walmart, I might try MMO for next few tankfuls.

- Vikas

Does anyone have any scientific proof of what "best" means? Almost all of this thread has only personal opinion. Hard to say what to use, other than what the MMO says in the "directions for use"

I've found that going much above the recommended dose, 4oz/10gal IIRC, I've seen reduced fuel economy. Fairly significantly so. Search for my posts on this from around 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back