Best fuel additive for a sitting vehicle?

I just purchased a 2014 Chevy 2500HD with 6.0l vortec. It has 225k miles but runs pretty darn good. It's at my family bay home it's mainly for towing boats and other trailers and using as a light work truck. While it runs pretty solid it sounds like it could be slightly better. I'm going to run some Gumout Regane through it then going to do an engine flush with BG EPR. After that going to refill with either QS 5w40 Euro that I have on hand or I'll pickup some QS High Mileage full synthetic and toss in a can of BG MOA. From what I've been reading it comes well recommended and for a truck that isn't going to be driven a lot I'm ok with it. Cheap insurance.

My question is fuel. If it's going to sit for a month or potentially more at times with very little running in between what kind of fuel additive will keep the gas from going bad? Will the Gumout Regane keep the fuel safe or should I order something else?

I would suggest that you run the tank down until the low fuel warning light comes on and refuel with non-ethanol gas. The non-ethanol gas will last much, much longer than 10% ethanol blended gas treated with a gas stabilizer. If you can get non-ethanol in a premium (91+ octane) grade, that would even be better. As for a gas stabilizer, I have the best results with PRI-G additive.

You can find non-ethanol gas near you at this website:

Pure-gas Texas

If you can find a Conklin dealer, their Fuel Mate+ additive is excellent. It's also quite concentrated, with a treat rate of 1 oz to 10 gallons of fuel.

Sitting for a month would not bother me. Mine will sit 5 or 6 mos at a time. I find the best thing I can do for it is to top it off with 93 before I park it. I would use a non ethanol except the only station around only carries 87 and the truck calls for 89 which would be ok if I were using it fresh but gas starts loosing octane pretty quick. 2003 Ram 1500 5.7 purchased new with 65,400 original miles so you can see it sits allot and still starts and runs fine.

My 98 S-10 sits long times between use, as do some of my diesels. I’ve never had issues, knock on wood. I do keep a maintenance dose of tcw-3 in there and a bit of stabil marine. Never an issue fwiw.

My 98 S-10 sits long times between use, as do some of my diesels. I’ve never had issues, knock on wood. I do keep a maintenance dose of tcw-3 in there and a bit of stabil marine. Never an issue fwiw.
tcw-3 as in two stroke oil? Why's that?

tcw-3 as in two stroke oil? Why's that?
Many folks on here used it for years. Lots of folks who run pre-ulsd diesel engines do too.

It is used at a low dose. It adds lubricant. It stabilizes the fuel. It burns clean.

Key is that it adds a bit of oil and non-drying material to the concoction. And keeps everything lubed.

Back