What Is Your Favorite Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil products first.

Sometimes I'll fall off the Pennzoil wagon for some bargain deal.

Always come back to Pennzoil.

Pennzoil has the highest quality and best value in every product category.

Still running Castrol in the BMW's. Can't wait to find the Shell 10W-60 out in the commercial market for the Z4M.

I'm disappointed in the Valvoline/NAPA in the Mazda RX8. Usage has started to increase with the NAPA. Dino PYB did a much better job in the car.

Mobil 1 HM or Valvoline Maxlife. I've pretty much always used one of those two and had great results with both.

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
On sale
Yeah that's my favorite too. The oil in my car cost $2.00

Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 with PurePlus Technology.
Still very smooth at 9500 km, beats everything I used so far, some 29 euros/5L in FR.

Wish list : Aral Supertronic 0w40, very impressive on paper.

I tend not to trust so much in oils blended/made here in Brazil, so my choices are quite limited. I've been using US-made Valvolines for some time as they are not so difficult to find here as other imported oils, and are fairly priced too, sometimes even cheaper than equivalent local-made oils from Shell, Chevron and Mobil.

I was using DuraBlend 15W40 for the past 3 OCs and now I am using VML 5W30 and based on my first impressions using this oil, I am planning to stick to this oil from now on.

If I don't find Valvolines, I would probably use local-made Shell or Havoline. I used them in the past and they seemed to be very good oils too.

Last edited:
1) Mobil 1 Extended Performance

2) Valvoline Maxlife - if I need a quality non-synthetic oil. At least it is Dexos-1 approved.

1. Pennzoil Platinum (trying the ultra on the next OC in our new car)

2. Mobil 1

3. Supertech Full Syn.

Wow! 20+ pages and only a few of Rotella T6 5w-40's. Had this been 5 years ago, it would have won hands down.

To me, anything with a good base and add pack in the correct viscosity fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back