What is the current consensus on Maxlife ATF's new formulation?

Also, how safe is having the car running, while under it on 4 jack stands? This is what makes my parents apprehensive about me doing it, and the mess that it will make.

What are everyone's thoughts?

The car in question is a 2009 BMW with the GM6l45R transmission. It is shifting well, I would just like to keep it that way.

When I do it, I double up. Jack and axel stand... on both sides!
When I refilled, with the engine running, I had the rear up on two stands and another jack under the diff. just touching, not taking any weight. That's seven support devices in total. If your gonna do it, over do it!

"One is none, two is one."

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
If they changed specs / formula, why is UPC code same?
Why not? I'm pretty sure manufacturers don't need to change their barcodes everytime they make a change to their product if they don't want to.

I'm pretty sure if you go digging through stuff at an auto parts store you'd be likely to find old boxes of parts with made in USA on the box mixed in with the ones that say made in China, and the boxes might even have different designs on them, and the products might even be slightly different, even though the UPCs might all be the same.

When I do it, I double up. Jack and axel stand... on both sides!
When I refilled, with the engine running, I had the rear up on two stands and another jack under the diff. just touching, not taking any weight. That's seven support devices in total. If your gonna do it, over do it!

"One is none, two is one."
Wouldn't pan not be level if just rear is jacked up?

Looks like a zf6 or zf8 🧐

Back