What Is Everyones Favorite Brand Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevron if the price is no more than 2-3 cents a gallon more than Shell or Mobil or 76 or Texaco. Otherwise, Shell or Mobil or 76 or Texaco if the price is no more than 2-3 cents a gallon more than no name brand.

Several months ago a Murphy Express station opened up in town. They immediately opened 10 cents lower than the next lowest guy in town, so non-surprisingly it was a very popular and busy station. So much so that the Sunoco station shut down. Well they have slowly pulled back their price lead to 2 cents.

It's funny, gas is about $3.40 GL (give or take) in my town, but cars will still line up at the Murphy station to pay $3.38. Thanks, but I'd rather spend 30 CENTS more per TANKFUL and get Chevron. Plus I don't have to wait for a stupid pump.

I don't understand why people willing to wait 10-15 minutes to save 25-50 cents per fill up. If the saving is $5-10 then it's different.

WaWa...Sounds like the name of the George Harrison song on the multi-album...."All Things must Pass"...lol

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Wawa? What the heck kind of name is that? I get generic Chevron gas from the cheapest place in town. Theres only 3 suppliers here. AMPM, Chevron and Shell. AMPM only goes to their stations so I'm guaranteed to get Chevron or Shell gas any where else.

I usually use BP, for the rebate we get on our Chase BP card.
Some Speedway stations are cheaper, where they offer .05/gal off with their rewards card, so I use them sometimes. Also use Kroger, to take advantage of the amount off per gallon with their card.
I doubt that it much matters.
I run a fuel system cleaner containing PEA at least once a year in each car, and I've always thought that "Top Tier" was no more than a marketing program.

Sunoco and Shell 99% of the time. I've seen the local Sunoco change the pump filters - that's a concern as my '07 Grand Prix does not have a serviceable fuel filter. My kids generally get Wawa as they look for the cheapest - I'm sure it meets the minimum standards.

I always buy top tier, usually 66 due to location/convenience, but if I'm able to get it I prefer Shell. I get a touch better mileage on Shell.

Esso, Petro-Canada, Co-op, Mohawk/Husky, Shell.... They're all priced the same here, so I prefer to go Top Tier or whatever offers me the best loyalty rewards. Up here, Shell sticks with stupid Air Miles, which don't interest me in the least.
wink.gif

Here at home I use 7-11. Sometimes I may use Shell but the closest one around here is 10 miles away. I get good MPG and performance on 7-11 gas. When I drive to visit my daughter and the rest of my family up in Atlanta I use Quik Trip. Along the interstate I will look for Shell stations. I get good or a little better highway MPG with Shell.

Generally stick with Mobil or Shell (whichever is cheaper on the day). On the road, I try to be with a Top Tier brand but that is not always possible. I do not particularly car for Sunoco or Luke but they are predominant on North East turnpikes

Chevron, Mobil, 76...in that order. I stay away from Shell. My car doesn't seem to like it. MPG is always lower than the other 3 brands too.

#1 Chevron
#2 Union 76
#3 Shell
#4 the cheapest, or only, gas station I can find. (Usually in the mountains)

Right now I am buying Union 76 because they are $0.15/gal cheaper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back