Do you have a favorite fuel?

Kwik Trip 91 octane ethanol free. I get better fuel economy and it's roughly $0.40 cheaper than 93 octane 10% ethanol in my area. I'm tuned but I just chose to use the 91 octane tune to use this fuel. Cenex also offers ethanol free 91 octane and is a chain of gas stations owned by United Cooperative and is one of the best locations for ethanol blending pumps, but isn't as readily available as Kwik Trip. Kwik Trip is basically a religion in the state of Wisconsin. Not many use premium here, but a lot of toys and small equipment call for ethanol free, which is why I think KT has decided to offer it as their premium option.

Red dye diesel. Buying about 13 gallons next weekend, and filling a 55 gallon barrel the week after.

Mobil Synergy Diesel Efficient Fuel. Makes my pickup passive regen easier. The place I buy it has very large hydrosorb filters on the pumps and is well lit on a very large lot.

QT
right now it's 87 E-10 and e0 back and forth. I never let it go below half/quarter. Got stuck using Loves yesterday 😭 so I was able to get back to QT in Wichita and use my rewards card at the pump ⛽ (Wichita district only) and filled back up with 6 gallons of clear fuel.

Not sure if most people already know this or not.
But many gas station brands have a discount card you can get if you ask.
Even if it is only 5 cents a liter, it adds up over time.

Not sure if most people already know this or not.
But many gas station brands have a discount card you can get if you ask.
Even if it is only 5 cents a liter, it adds up over time.
Exxon Mobil Rewards does a couple cents for every dollar. And double or triple point on holidays. Being in Texas, you cannot throw a rock without hitting one. There is literally one within a few miles in every direction from my house.

She’ll gasoline. used it exclusively before fuel rewards program and now i abuse it mixed with AAP rewards at shell. in reality, any station with a “top tier” label on it is perfectly fine but shell is what i was taught and it’s worked for me

It is predominantly Shell and BP stations in my neck of the woods. I probably buy Shell ~75% of the time with the rest being Exxon and BP.

Last edited:
A scholar and gentleman dyno'd Shell and Chevron premium gases in Western Canada and found a 30whp and 19lb-ft difference between them! To summarize:

1. Chevron 94 + E10: 337 whp, 316 wtq
2. Shell 93: 333 whp, 319 wtq
3. Shell 91: 328 whp, 319 wtq
4. Chevron 94: 310 whp, 302 wtq
5. Chevron 91: 307whp, 298 wtq

Here in Oklahoma, there's always a Phillips 66 wherever you go. I've always preferred them or Union 76, when I lived in the Western U.S. Never a problem with the gas, and they've always had decent prices compared to Chevron, Shell, etc. Also use Love's occasionally, due to getting 10 cents off per gallon when I use the app.

Back