Do you have a favorite fuel?

This is a question I'd be intrigued to find out answers for.

Do you have a favorite fuel? No proper science behind it, purely butt dyno and personal findings from how your car drives?

I've ran 3 different diesel vehicles over the last 8 years or so. I have always found that my favorite diesel is BP Ultimate Diesel. (Here in the UK).

My diesels always seem to run nice and quiet on it. My uncle (that has the same engine with less miles) commented on how quiet mine was. (Totally un-scientific of course).

So, do you have a "Go-To" fuel you often prefer?

Last edited:
I can't speak to diesel but if you can notice the difference with an 87/89/93 compared to 87//89/93 compared to another brand something is seriously wrong. Meaning that tier 1 v tier XXX should not be that noticeable. I could be wrongggggg......

100LL Avgas, and the more recent version, 100VLL (Very low lead) which has about 19% less lead than 100LL.

It is an epic, high quality fuel, and runs exceedingly well in engines tuned for it. Even lawn mowers, gas engine tractors and many race engines.

AVgas.JPG.494c921a5bd223ec85047ef1ba29ef0a.JPG

Last edited:
I just buy the stuff... since it seems to be the same price just about everywhere locally there isn't much point in price shopping.

Current BMW doesn't care as long as it's 91, 92, 93.
Current MB prefers Exxon/Mobil diesel.
Gone MB '92 2.5 Turbo (mechanical injectors) liked BP and Shell diesel.
Gone '85 MB 240D (mechanical injectors) didn't care if you dumped used motor oil in it.
Before the trolls start with their tired old song; I'm not deaf, my butt isn't numb, and I can calculate mileage.

Back