Walmart Supertech design change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twas in the local Walmart today and noticed that the SuperTech filters are now black and not the pale blue color, and are missing the coiled spring on the inside visible through the hole. There were still a few blue ones left in stock, however. Filter still appeared to be of decent quality (#2808) - I wonder if Champion has changed the design? I guess I'll have to check those STP's and Bosch's next time I go to AutoZone.

Maverick
'01 Accord Coupe 5spd
Mobil 1 5w-30 SuperSyn

quote:

Originally posted by Maverick:
Twas in the local Walmart today and noticed that the SuperTech filters are now black and not the pale blue color, and are missing the coiled spring on the inside visible through the hole. There were still a few blue ones left in stock, however. Filter still appeared to be of decent quality (#2808) - I wonder if Champion has changed the design? I guess I'll have to check those STP's and Bosch's next time I go to AutoZone.

Maverick
'01 Accord Coupe 5spd
Mobil 1 5w-30 SuperSyn

Are you talking about the bypass valve at the bottom?? The GM filters don't call for one. Do you have the right filter??

This was a Walmart Supertech filter - allegedly made by Champion Labs, same as the STP, Bosch, Deutsch, etc... I'm not sure what the spring actually did/does, but it's not there on the newer black models. Anywho - just wondering if anyone on here has noticed it - maybe they switched to a different manufacturer, who knows?

Maverick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back