Walmart+ Membership Free Tire Repair

Recently I signed up for Walmart plus, the companies answer to Amazon Prime. Mostly I did it for the free grocery delivery, I'm rural and just within the delivery range, it's very handy.

While looking around the details I found part of this membership is free flat tire repair, even for tires not purchased there. Not a bad deal, I had to get one of my daughters tires sealed this fall when the bead started leaking, cost me 30 bucks at the regular tire shop. Anyone ever use it?

Do I have to purchase the tire from Walmart to qualify for the free flat tire repair?

No. As a trial or paid Walmart+ member, you can bring in an eligible flat tire & get it repaired, regardless of where the tire was purchased from.

See the double asterisk. Good luck though. Give it a try.

Maintain your car for less as a Walmart+ member.

*Active W+ membership required at time of repair. Vehicle & tire restrictions apply. See full restrictions & terms here. **Limited to tire(s) purchased & installed at Walmart Auto Care Centers. Active W+ membership required at time of purchase & installation. Vehicle restrictions apply. See full restrictions & terms here.

Last edited:
Maintain your car for less as a Walmart+ member.

*Active W+ membership required at time of repair. Vehicle & tire restrictions apply. See full restrictions & terms here. **Limited to tire(s) purchased & installed at Walmart Auto Care Centers. Active W+ membership required at time of purchase & installation. Vehicle restrictions apply. See full restrictions & terms here.
That is for the road hazard warranty, different thing. I'm only talking about fixing a flat.

Never had to pay anything at Discount Tire even when I didn’t buy from them.
Maybe it's a common thing at the quick change tire shops? Walmart is the only one like that I have anywhere close to me, otherwise it's pretty much all ma and pa joints. We have a fleet farm that does tires, but they charge to fix a flat on anything not bought there.

Why in the world would I expect some stranger to change my flat tire for free? Will you please mow my lawn for free?

I think some of those tire shops use that as a come-on to sell a new tire.

Why in the world would I expect some stranger to change my flat tire for free? Will you please mow my lawn for free?

I think some of those tire shops use that as a come-on to sell a new tire.
I never expected any tire shop to fix a tire for free. I just saw the perk and thought it was a good deal, definitely not a single reason to get Walmart+ by itself. If you're not a fan, don't go there.

Last edited:
Sorry, you are correct about them fixing a flat tire for W+ members. I misread it.

Good for people who live near a Walmart Auto Center.

Do I have to purchase the tire from Walmart to qualify for the free flat tire repair?

No. As a trial or paid Walmart+ member, you can bring in an eligible flat tire & get it repaired, regardless of where the tire was purchased from.

Belle Tire offers completely free tire patch repair including free balancing, even if you’ve never bought anything from them, and even if you never intend to. There is no warranty on the patch, but hey, it’s free and kind of hard to screw up an internal patch.

As noted by two others, free USTMA puncture repair for all has been SOP at Discount/America's Tire for as long as I've been dealing with them, ~20 years. But if no DT/AT nearby, like the NE, looks like W+ membership gets it done.

This is what frequently happens when you ask for the free flat tire repair.

When Your Flat Tire May Need to Be Replaced
  1. The tire has a sudden loss of air and you drive on it flat. This can cause internal damage, which can’t be fixed.
  2. The sidewall has a puncture, a cut exposing the cord, or a visible bubble or bulge.
  3. The shoulder has damage (more than cosmetic), such as a small puncture.
  4. You spot a bulge on the tread or sidewall (following an impact, etc.).
  5. There’s a gash deep enough to expose the nylon or steel belts (which are part of the internal structural components of the tire).
  6. The size of the gash or hole in the tread is greater than one-quarter inch.
  7. The tire has been repaired before and the new damage is close to the previous repair.
  8. If for any reason the repair exceeds the tire manufacturer’s recommendations.

This is what frequently happens when you ask for the free flat tire repair.

When Your Flat Tire May Need to Be Replaced
  1. The tire has a sudden loss of air and you drive on it flat. This can cause internal damage, which can’t be fixed.
  2. The sidewall has a puncture, a cut exposing the cord, or a visible bubble or bulge.
  3. The shoulder has damage (more than cosmetic), such as a small puncture.
  4. You spot a bulge on the tread or sidewall (following an impact, etc.).
  5. There’s a gash deep enough to expose the nylon or steel belts (which are part of the internal structural components of the tire).
  6. The size of the gash or hole in the tread is greater than one-quarter inch.
  7. The tire has been repaired before and the new damage is close to the previous repair.
  8. If for any reason the repair exceeds the tire manufacturer’s recommendations.
That's all pretty standard for most tire shops. It would be some liability involved if they plugged/patched a sidewall for example, knowing it's not a proper fix, and the car drives off down the freeway and the tire blows out with a crash.

My tires are all over 6 years old and there is no way they would fix my flat tire for free, nor is there any incentive for them to.

My tires are all over 6 years old and there is no way they would fix my flat tire for free, nor is there any incentive for them to.
That's disheartening to hear, the Walmart tire shop refused to fix your 6 year old flat tire? Was there bulging, cracks, or cords exposed? They refused to fix it only due to age?

Back