Wait a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
No kenw is right.
The crud is the good stuff. This is the additives that make the oil meet certain criteria. I used to buy Chevron Delo Synthetic for my TDI by the case from a distributor. I had it staked up in my garage and the last few cupfuls of the gallon containers always looked less clear. The additives had settled to the bottom. Since then I shook every gallon of the stuff prior to instalation.

so now I see an opportunity to sell "oil racks" similar to wine racks that hold the bottle at an angle so that top is slightly down.......i do know some of you already have oil cellars....

take it home upside down so it will remix, and then store it upside down so that any resettling will be 1st to go in.

quote:

Originally posted by kenw:
so now I see an opportunity to sell "oil racks" similar to wine racks that hold the bottle at an angle so that top is slightly down.......i do know some of you already have oil cellars....

take it home upside down so it will remix, and then store it upside down so that any resettling will be 1st to go in.

Champagne and other sparkling wines are "riddled" by turning the bottle multiple times, allowing the yeast to settle to the top where it is frozen and the plug just pops out (called "disgorging"). The larger producers have automated equipment that replaces what used to be done by hand.

-

http://www.mumm.com/eng/secrets/se_caves6.htm

top down keeps the cork wet and therefore sealed. if the cork dries it looses its seal.

quote:

Originally posted by kenw:
top down keeps the cork wet and therefore sealed. if the cork dries it looses its seal.

Not a problem with a screw top or plastic cork substitute. Several expensive California wines are now available with a screw top bottle. There's nothing really special about a cork other than the tradition. It's prone to drying out depending on storage, and mold and/or fungus can grow on it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1066958.stm

Confession time....

One time, during an oil change, I opened a bottle of GC, dipped my finger in and rubbed the oil on the gasket of my oil filter. I then crawled under the car and installed the filter. While crawling back out....................I accidently kicked over the open bottle of GC. Yes, some spilled.

Let the flogging begin.

BTW, screw caps are actually better for wine. It's just a matter of getting past the pomp and pageantry of removing a cork.

quote:

Originally posted by rcy:
Confession time....

One time, during an oil change, I opened a bottle of GC, dipped my finger in and rubbed the oil on the gasket of my oil filter. I then crawled under the car and installed the filter. While crawling back out....................I accidently kicked over the open bottle of GC. Yes, some spilled.

Let the flogging begin.

BTW, screw caps are actually better for wine. It's just a matter of getting past the pomp and pageantry of removing a cork.

shocked.gif
Seriously...that's a big
nono.gif
lol. Naw, I'm teasing, because I was this close to doing the EXACT same thing. Cracked open the bottle, took a whiff (of course), lubed the gasket, crawled under the car and tapped the bottle with my leg...I was like
shocked.gif
at the thought of what might have been... Luckily, it didn't tip over, so I was lucky. No man should ever have to bury their unused bottle of GC..
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by bighead:

No man should ever have to bury their unused bottle of GC..
grin.gif

Theoden, King of Rohan, The Two Towers (sort of)

Now, on to the other issue: please everyone hear this clearly, "There will be NO MORE spilling of the Elixer by ANYONE....none. While some may consider this to be a trifling matter, it is of critical importance to those who appreciate each delightful drop of this radiant fluid, not to mention its potential impact on the history of the world (yes, it is THAT big of a deal.................and why is it that big of a deal?....................because......................it is the precioussssssssss." I will share something few people have been allowed to know. When the Silmarillion were lost, the light of Valinor did remain in one place on the earth...in the Elves GC blending vat in the Black Forest...if only you could see the radiant green light inside your engine when it is filled with GC...quite frankly, it is a...sniff sniff...very emotional experience...yup...it's all true.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

grin.gif

Now, on to the other issue: please everyone hear this clearly, "There will be NO MORE spilling of the Elixer by ANYONE....none. While some may consider this to be a trifling matter, it is of critical importance to those who appreciate each delightful drop of this radiant fluid, not to mention its potential impact on the history of the world (yes, it is THAT big of a deal.................and why is it that big of a deal?....................because......................it is the precioussssssssss." I will share something few people have been allowed to know. When the Silmarillion were lost, the light of Valinor did remain in one place on the earth...in the Elves GC blending vat in the Black Forest...if only you could see the radiant green light inside your engine when it is filled with GC...quite frankly, it is a...sniff sniff...very emotional experience...yup...it's all true.

Obviosly and epectedly, you don't know who I am. I would take 60 qts and pour them on the ground just to **** someone off.
itschy.gif

quote:

Originally posted by slickfisher:

quote:

quote:

grin.gif

Obviosly and epectedly, you don't know who I am. I would take 60 qts and pour them on the ground just to **** someone off.
itschy.gif

Oh my, but you have crossed the line...in fact, my Elvish friends have suddenly vanished...I'm afraid with the intent of taking someone on a tour of...I almost can't say it....The Land...of Fear
shocked.gif
...and... Trembling!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by slickfisher:

quote:

quote:

grin.gif

itschy.gif

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
Why that's....that's BLASPHEMY!!!!
nono.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back