Vibration due to tire rotation... can it be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get a printout (did not know I could get one, so I didn't ask), but they said each was about a half ounce off. They also said that the wheels and tires were fine (according to the machine, I guess, but I know they didn't remount the tires so I'm skeptical. I assume this means they weren't out of round?).

I don't think I've given the complete rundown of what I've done since the rotation:

1. Rotation and balance. Noticed vibration. Mileage: 40,000
2. Rebalance at DT. They said 2 of the tires were off. Still vibrating. Mileage: 40,400
3. Another rebalance at DT. All 4 were out. Still vibrating. Mileage: 40,700
4. Alignment at Firestone. Car was out of alignment, and this fixed other issues (wandering at speed, "loose" rear end). Mileage: 40,900
5. Road Force balance at Firestone. Vibration less at first, now back to the same as before within 300 miles. Mileage: 41,200.

I'm at about 41,800 miles now and it feels basically the same as right after the rotation was done.

I'm currently assuming that I might have a bent wheel or else a belt shift in the tires, but I'm not sure. I will check for a bent wheel tonight but from what I've read I won't be able to see an internal tire problem.

As you can probably guess, I don't really want to spend any more money on these tires, and I'm getting tired of chasing what seems to be ghosts.

Also forgot to mention, I've checked for play in the wheel bearings, ball joints, etc... found nothing suspect.

i also noticed severe wobbling after i balance and rotate tyres. it has never been of benefit to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back