used motor oil experiment

So tcw3 in a gasoline vehicle is a no no too?
What probably was going on was the moped was running rich. Adding more 2 cycle oil has the effect of reducing the air fuel ratio as there is less gas to burn relative to the amount of air. If for instance you're going from 32:1 to 16:1, this can lean it out by several percent.

So tcw3 in a gasoline vehicle is a no no too?
For a 2T engine, it's just a necessity on the front side. For 4T, and those doing that 1oz / 5 gal, it's pretty much homeopathic levels. The more you add, the more directionally the user's going to be teasing deposits. Tcw3 formulations can vary a lot in performance depending upon the market they're catering to, so some are better at resisting deposition. All of that usage in a 4T engine is still under the assumption that supplemental lubricity is needed, but it really isn't with E10 because it is already additized. E85, perhaps, but I wouldn't want the mineral oil portions that come with cheap tcw3 formulas--for all prior deposit reasons.

For a 2T engine, it's just a necessity on the front side. For 4T, and those doing that 1oz / 5 gal, it's pretty much homeopathic levels. The more you add, the more directionally the user's going to be teasing deposits. Tcw3 formulations can vary a lot in performance depending upon the market they're catering to, so some are better at resisting deposition. All of that usage in a 4T engine is still under the assumption that supplemental lubricity is needed, but it really isn't with E10 because it is already additized. E85, perhaps, but I wouldn't want the mineral oil portions that come with cheap tcw3 formulas--for all prior deposit reasons.
So would you say lucas ucl would be a better option or none at all in gasoline cars? If you had to pick a ucl which is best?

So would you say lucas ucl would be a better option or none at all in gasoline cars? If you had to pick a ucl which is best?
All of that usage in a 4T engine is still under the assumption that supplemental lubricity is needed, but it really isn't with E10 because it is already additized.
Not adding UCL is the best option for E10.
If I was forced to pick, I might toy with B100 biodiesel, but that stuff tends to be derived from unsaturated feedstocks.

Last edited:
Back