Twenty years of synthetic - very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't fret to much about it Audioquest I think you meant to humor us all with the title of your thread. For some reason this guy has his nuts in a knot because i said they were jealous ( Meant as humor also ) that you had a car in excellent condition with low miles, but whatever some people just look to argue with others on this site.

Originally Posted By: Audioquest
Originally Posted By: shrooms
Originally Posted By: hemitom
What condition did you expect it to be in. Whats your problem. We all know the car should have been in excellent condition. You get on him for early oil changes who cares the guys proud of his car. Whats stupid about being jealous, having any car in that condition should be anyones goal. Get over it man.

You're another one. READ the OP's thread title. We then find out the car only has 20K using syns. He made it sound as if the car had a TRILLION miles and YEARS on syn. Me and the others comment that for the mileage is no big deal. THEN, the OP posts the car. Now, how are we jealous when the OP posts the car AFTER our previous comments? Why would I think the car is in mint condition? Because it has low miles? Low mileage doesn't automatically mean MINT condition. I've seen many low mileage cars and they look like shihte. So, get off your high horse and THINK before you post.

Ummm, I didn't ever insinuate that the vehicle had a trillion miles on it. And, I only posted a pic of the car because someone asked for it.

Exactly. You posted the pic AFTER my comment. So how can I be jealous? Also, when I said "trillion", I'm using as an exaggeration. USUALLY, threads like these have engines with high mileage that a very clean. When you said "20yrs", common thought is high mileage. That's why most are not impressed.

shrooms your taking this way to much to heart. I did not mean jealous to be taken seriously here. Just like you did not not really mean trillion . Sometimes we read to much into whats being said here

Like i said before i don't think Audioquest is really trying to impress anyone here, he is proud of the condition of his car and want to show it graciously to us all.

Last edited:
Well I'm Jealous.....I liked that car when it was new.....and I STILL like it.
Thanks for posting the picture.

I'm not a big fan of Corvettes, nothing special to me...I don't have anything against them, just not something that gets me excited.....There are plenty of them around from many years.

I also wouldn't think that the OP was "early" on the oil changes based upon time.
True, early in terms of mileage, but once a year oil changes seem pretty reasonable to me.

I would also want to change the timing belt, if it is original, just to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back