Twenty years of synthetic - very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these guys ribbing you over the oil changes and low miles are jealous they all wish that baby was parked in their driveway.

Ugh, brings back nightmares of a Civic CRX I used to own around 1992-3. Head gasket failed, brakes failed every 15 minutes or so, exhaust rotted out even more often. Loud, horrible ride, ugh... Great in the snow and great gas mileage though. I remember being able to pick each rear wheel off the ground by lifting up on the wheel well... One time a friend and I rotated the car 180 degrees that way while it was parked. Anyway...

That is a beautiful CRX! One of my neighbors just picked up one of the same generation too, but his is all custom, it's got Lambo doors on it, custom green paint, and I'm sure it's got a turbo kit on it (I can hear the wastegate in between shifts when he gets on it on the main road here) I just love those CRXs!

Originally Posted By: Audioquest
Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Can I see pics of the rest of the car? That is an awesome car and I'm less interested in seeing under the valve cover
laugh.gif

Here you go:

dscf1114g.jpg

I literally laughed out loud when I saw that pic. That car is hilariously mint. I have never seen such a pretty CRX. I love it, man. Keep that puppy forever!!

Can I see pics of the rest of the car? That is an awesome car and I'm less interested in seeing under the valve cover
laugh.gif

Here you go:

I literally laughed out loud when I saw that pic. That car is hilariously mint. I have never seen such a pretty CRX. I love it, man. Keep that puppy forever!!

Thanks. There are quite a few nice stock examples left. Unfortunately, most Hondas from this era have been molested beyond recognition.

laugh.gif

Here you go:

Thanks. There are quite a few nice stock examples left. Unfortunately, most Hondas from this era have been molested beyond recognition.

Very nice car! To each their own but I like them factory better than with a body kit and giant wing on the back.

So you drive a perfectly good running car less than a thousand mile s a year?

I've put nearly a thousand miles on my new bike and I've owned it for less than a month. Ya can't take them with you when you die ya know! What are you saving it for?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hemitom
All these guys ribbing you over the oil changes and low miles are jealous they all wish that baby was parked in their driveway.

1.Does a 20yr old spotless engine with only 20K miles and claiming "twenty years of syn-very happy", impressive? Really.

2.He posted the car AFTER his claim. Nor did I or others know what the car look like. Therefore saying we're "jealous" is just plain stupid.

Thanks for the rude comment. I said you guys were ribbing! Get it joking around with him. Stupid i guess you would know.

Jealous come on. Who wouldn't want a car in that condition.

And you wonder why they stop coming to this site.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hemitom
Thanks for the rude comment. I said you guys were ribbing! Get it joking around with him. Stupid i guess you would know.

Jealous come on. Who wouldn't want a car in that condition.

And you wonder why they stop coming to this site.

No kidding! My 2004 GTO is daily driven and is sitting in the sun most of the time. Sure, it gets overkill OCD maintenance, but I wish my paint was looking that good!

Originally Posted By: JT1
So you drive a perfectly good running car less than a thousand mile s a year?

I've put nearly a thousand miles on my new bike and I've owned it for less than a month. Ya can't take them with you when you die ya know! What are you saving it for?

It was my daily driver for a few years after I bought it although it has never seen winter. Shortly afterwards, marriage, family, etc. Priorities change. Now, I'm in my 40s and enjoying it on the weekends, doing some car shows, Honda meets, etc. Is it a crime to own a garage queen?

Originally Posted By: jcwit
If it were a Corvette kept that way I could understand it, but a Honda, Neh, just another car.

I disagree! Being a Corvette owner, I know there are a TON of Corvettes out there in garages right now that have barely any miles on them. Some guys might only drive 100 miles a year! So there are no shortages of 20, 30, 40 and even 50 year old Corvettes out there that are still "new". But there aren't many CRXs out there that are like this, so I personally think it's more unique to see.

It was my daily driver for a few years after I bought it although it has never seen winter. Shortly afterwards, marriage, family, etc. Priorities change. Now, I'm in my 40s and enjoying it on the weekends, doing some car shows, Honda meets, etc. Is it a crime to own a garage queen?

Definitely not! My Corvette is now delegated to being a garage queen too, so I know where you're coming from!
smile.gif
Since I bought the Civic I've only been driving my Corvette about 150-200 km a week on average (mostly only on weekends), and it probably won't come out of the garage at all between December and April from now on (if there is salt on the roads, it definitely stays inside now).

But I waited too long to get a second car, so the Corvette is no spring chicken, with 207,000 km on it now! If I had a second car the entire time I owned this car, I bet it would probably have only 80,000 km on it (bought it when it had 50,000 on it)

Well I guess it just a difference of opinion. To me a Honda whatever is just that, a Honda, nothing special. But a Corvette is and always has been for all intents and purposes been a limited production Sports Car.

But that is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back