Twenty years of synthetic - very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

It was my daily driver for a few years after I bought it although it has never seen winter. Shortly afterwards, marriage, family, etc. Priorities change. Now, I'm in my 40s and enjoying it on the weekends, doing some car shows, Honda meets, etc. Is it a crime to own a garage queen?

Pretty cool. Alot of guys own a car that they drive only a Sunday/weekend. Nothing wrong with cruising in whatever you like on the weekend. I wish they still made the Alfa Romeo Spider or even the Toyota Spyder just to take out on the twisty roads in the hill country where I live, during the weekend.

Originally Posted By: Audioquest
Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Can I see pics of the rest of the car? That is an awesome car and I'm less interested in seeing under the valve cover
laugh.gif

Here you go:

dscf1114g.jpg

Good freakin lord that car is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said in my earlier post,keep taking care of her :^)
11.gif

Last edited:
^
No kidding! A Honda CRX with that many few miles is unheard of. Like any daily driver econobox from the 80's/90's, it might be a common car but more rare than anything in the world to find one like that in its original condition.

Audioquest,
This is a beautiful CRX. It will certainly last you forever and you'll always have something different and special do drive. I remember these cars well and have driven several in the past. As Car & Driver once stated..."Part Ferrari, part station wagon".

The CRX was on their 10 best list and won several shootouts amongst competitors. I remember reading an article between the CRX, MR2 and Fiero where the CRX was the winner due to it great tracking, handling, rev happy engine, driving position and great shifter/clutch and pedal placement to name just a few of it's good points. Outward vision and open airy cabin and the lack of feeling cramped while driving is what I personaly liked about the CRX as compared to the Fiero and MR2 and I have driven them all.

I have owned several older Honda's in the past. I liked the older ones for their driving charactor and doing what other car companies wouldn't do or tried to without much succuss.

A friend of mine had the fuel efficiency model (HF) I recall the 0-100 times were in the minutes. Fun car and great vehicle to drive to the top of Mt Washington in NH.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Well I guess it just a difference of opinion. To me a Honda whatever is just that, a Honda, nothing special. But a Corvette is and always has been for all intents and purposes been a limited production Sports Car.

But that is just my opinion.

Corvette production is limited by sales, as is true for almost any car.
The S2000 is (was) certainly a limited production sports car, and is pretty exotic for its specific output alone.
Honda has built some pretty exotic cars never offered in this market, like the Beat, a tiny mid-engine beastie.
There were also the S-cars of the 'sixties, mechanically pretty exotic RWD sports cars, some of which made it here in LHD form.
That is a gorgeous old CRX, and a second gen CRX in that kind of original condition is certainly quite rare.
Given the age of this machine, I think I'd replace the timing belt however good it might look.
It would be a shame to have the belt let go on one of those nice weather weekend drives, and wreck that pristine engine.

[/quote]

Corvette production is limited by sales, as is true for almost any car.
[/quote]

Its my understanding this model years production of Corvetts is already sold out. This has been the case for the last number of years. Never see any new Vetts sitting on dealers lots waiting to be sold.

It is a nice Honda and rare because of attrition as would be a Mint Geo Metro from 1995. But something special? Not really. IMHO

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hemitom

Jealous come on. Who wouldn't want a car in that condition.

Now, you have bad reading comprehension.

My comment was BEFORE he posted the car. Do you understand now or you're still going to say the same stupid thing again?

Its my understanding this model years production of Corvetts is already sold out. This has been the case for the last number of years. Never see any new Vetts sitting on dealers lots waiting to be sold.

There are tons of unsold new Vettes sitting on the lots! Check out this site below, it shows the inventory of 2010 and 2011 Corvettes in the US. There are still 169 new 2010 models out there! And there are almost 2000 unsold new 2011 models.

http://jeffhardy.com/lookupvette.php

I owned an 89 HF that was given to me by my father in 03 and that thing never hit 100mph!!!! top speed was 90-92 depending on conditions. It was a great car and would love to own a another!!!. Keep that baby around there are definitly not many left over!!!.

Originally Posted By: Patman

There are tons of unsold new Vettes sitting on the lots! Check out this site below, it shows the inventory of 2010 and 2011 Corvettes in the US. There are still 169 new 2010 models out there! And there are almost 2000 unsold new 2011 models.

http://jeffhardy.com/lookupvette.php

Guess that shot that down didn't it.

I still content a Honda is far from a to be kept, the Corvette I've owned were the only car that never cost me $$$$$ to own.

Originally Posted By: Patman
I disagree! Being a Corvette owner, I know there are a TON of Corvettes out there in garages right now that have barely any miles on them. Some guys might only drive 100 miles a year! So there are no shortages of 20, 30, 40 and even 50 year old Corvettes out there that are still "new". But there aren't many CRXs out there that are like this, so I personally think it's more unique to see.

Agreed. Those who can afford cars like Vettes to keep in the garage all the time don't impress me. That's the norm, not some feat. What impressed me was the Chevette that looked that good that I saw back in around 1995.

What condition did you expect it to be in. Whats your problem. We all know the car should have been in excellent condition. You get on him for early oil changes who cares the guys proud of his car. Whats stupid about being jealous, having any car in that condition should be anyones goal. Get over it man.

Any Honda S-car (S2000, S500, S600 or S800) is surely a keeper.
Any Beat, if you could smuggle one in, would be a keeper.
Any GSR-engined car is arguably a keeper.
Nothing wrong with Corvettes, although the average 911 owner would put them in the same catagory you put Hondas.
It's all a matter of personal taste and perspective.

Originally Posted By: Audioquest
Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Can I see pics of the rest of the car? That is an awesome car and I'm less interested in seeing under the valve cover
laugh.gif

Here you go:

dscf1114g.jpg

That is a super clean looking Honda you have!!!! I see very few Hondas that havelasted that long AND look as fantastic as yours. Synthetic has done you justice for a long time as it has form me sonce I was able to buy Mobil 1.

Durango

What condition did you expect it to be in. Whats your problem. We all know the car should have been in excellent condition. You get on him for early oil changes who cares the guys proud of his car. Whats stupid about being jealous, having any car in that condition should be anyones goal. Get over it man.

You're another one. READ the OP's thread title. We then find out the car only has 20K using syns. He made it sound as if the car had a TRILLION miles and YEARS on syn. Me and the others comment that for the mileage is no big deal. THEN, the OP posts the car. Now, how are we jealous when the OP posts the car AFTER our previous comments? Why would I think the car is in mint condition? Because it has low miles? Low mileage doesn't automatically mean MINT condition. I've seen many low mileage cars and they look like shihte. So, get off your high horse and THINK before you post.

You talk to me about reading comprehension , I said should have been in excellent condition. You are the one on the high horse. The only one taking the OP's statement serious is you. Do you not think he was trying to humor us by this title thread. Lighten up a little . Maybe you should take your own advice.

Originally Posted By: shrooms

You're another one. READ the OP's thread title. We then find out the car only has 20K using syns. He made it sound as if the car had a TRILLION miles and YEARS on syn. Me and the others comment that for the mileage is no big deal. THEN, the OP posts the car. Now, how are we jealous when the OP posts the car AFTER our previous comments? Why would I think the car is in mint condition? Because it has low miles? Low mileage doesn't automatically mean MINT condition. I've seen many low mileage cars and they look like shihte. So, get off your high horse and THINK before you post.

Ummm, I didn't ever insinuate that the vehicle had a trillion miles on it. And, I only posted a pic of the car because someone asked for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back