Turtle wax VS NuFinish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Chris B.
You have stated over and over for YEARS that it does not last long at all and that it is a garbage product. You keep stating this and ramming it down everybody's throat who asks about NF and that's why am so defensive about it. For you to state that you have never said that after we have argued this for years shows your lack of integrity and that you live in your own little world! I am sick and tired of seeing you spew false information about NuFinish. And if you have the slightest amount of skill while waxing the vehicle, you don't have to worry about getting it on black trim. Maybe this would be a concern for someone who shakes a lot or uses a sloppy technique.
I pick and choose my battles and this is one that I decided to fight. I'm not going away and will be right here every time you open your mouth with false information.

So what if I don't like NF, you are never going to convince me a it's a good product...

My goodness you are dense! I'm not trying to convince you it is a good product...we are waaaaaaay past that point! That is completely fine to not like it but to tell everyone it is garbage and does not last after proof to the contrary was posted and can easily be found all over the net is what I have the problem with. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but as I said before you should not use blanket statements to try and convince people looking for info on the product. People say they love it and it lasts and you jump in telling them they are wrong or lying. It is not just me, I have seen you several times jump on other members when they post positive results about NuFinish. If you advised them of your findings that is great but you always add in that is never lasts and has no shine. Countless others like myself find it to be the exact opposite.

I have given my opinion of different products. Some have had good results and some I found to be poor performers even though they have good reputations. I state my findings might be contrary to others and that others had great luck with it but I did not. I don't say "well this is [censored] and complete garbage and all you guys are wrong" when many others have great success with it.
I have even retried certain products after reading that so many other have great results. Mpro7 is one of them.

Myself and most others have a completely different opinion then you do of Nufinish. Stop telling people they are wrong. Many other members have posted beautiful pictures of their results and have echoed my findings on Nufinish durability. All you have done is say we are wrong and NuFinish is junk. Like I said 1000 times before, put up or shut up.

Last edited:
Chris B,

Nice looking detail. I have to admit I got some Nu Finish on my plastic trim (rookie mistake). Embarrassingly enough, is there anything that can get it out. Thanks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Chris B,

Nice looking detail. I have to admit I got some Nu Finish on my plastic trim (rookie mistake). Embarrassingly enough, is there anything that can get it out. Thanks.

Thanks! There are several different ways that are easy to remove the residue. Get a soft bristle toothbrush and apply some black trim dressing like back to black or even 303 or vinylex. Peanut butter will work but is messy. Also slip2000 gun oil will work and is safe on paint. Clear coat safe tar remover is good too. I've even used Maguires interior cleaners with a soft brush that removed it quickly. Just about anything automotive cleaner for trim dressing and a soft bristle brush will do the trick.

You have stated over and over for YEARS that it does not last long at all and that it is a garbage product. You keep stating this and ramming it down everybody's throat who asks about NF and that's why am so defensive about it. For you to state that you have never said that after we have argued this for years shows your lack of integrity and that you live in your own little world! I am sick and tired of seeing you spew false information about NuFinish. And if you have the slightest amount of skill while waxing the vehicle, you don't have to worry about getting it on black trim. Maybe this would be a concern for someone who shakes a lot or uses a sloppy technique.
I pick and choose my battles and this is one that I decided to fight. I'm not going away and will be right here every time you open your mouth with false information.

So what if I don't like NF, you are never going to convince me a it's a good product...

My goodness you are dense! I'm not trying to convince you it is a good product...we are waaaaaaay past that point! That is completely fine to not like it but to tell everyone it is garbage and does not last after proof to the contrary was posted and can easily be found all over the net is what I have the problem with. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but as I said before you should not use blanket statements to try and convince people looking for info on the product. People say they love it and it lasts and you jump in telling them they are wrong or lying. It is not just me, I have seen you several times jump on other members when they post positive results about NuFinish. If you advised them of your findings that is great but you always add in that is never lasts and has no shine. Countless others like myself find it to be the exact opposite.

I have given my opinion of different products. Some have had good results and some I found to be poor performers even though they have good reputations. I state my findings might be contrary to others and that others had great luck with it but I did not. I don't say "well this is [censored] and complete garbage and all you guys are wrong" when many others have great success with it.
I have even retried certain products after reading that so many other have great results. Mpro7 is one of them.

Myself and most others have a completely different opinion then you do of Nufinish. Stop telling people they are wrong. Many other members have posted beautiful pictures of their results and have echoed my findings on Nufinish durability. All you have done is say we are wrong and NuFinish is junk. Like I said 1000 times before, put up or shut up.

If you and others want to use NF, go right ahead...it's your money and your vehicles...I will use better products...

Thanks Chris B. Appreciate your help and expertise. I will definitely keep everyone up to date on Nufinish and my experience regarding its durability. Time permitting, I was planning on doing the recommended second coat in 30 days. Car is a towed car behind my motorhome and gets all sorts of road cap and it sits outside all the time. So, should be a good test case for NuFinish.

Chris B. Random question. Have you heard of Cilajet paint protection? I had it applied on my 2012 Mazda when I first bought it. They are going to reapply in 1 year...it is suppose to be good for 5 years at a time. Been pretty happy with its durability...granted this car is kept in the garage...so perhaps I cant comment on durability. Just curious if anyone knows this stuff.

Originally Posted By: whip
At the risk of furthering this childish argument, what is Nufinish? It says it's a polish, but it beads like a wax.

It is a polymer sealant. One of the longest lasting on the market verified by countless people unless you talk to Grampi. According to him you will be lucky to see 45 minutes before it stops working. Myself and many others on this forum see a full year out of it. I'm a professional detailer with 15 years full time(25 years total) and have seen what really lasts and NuFinish is one of the longest lasting products.

Thanks Chris. I may give it a try over the winter on my truck. It sits out side, so I'm looking for long lasting protection.

Forum members who don't know about Gramps and I:

As a long time member, I'm familiar with Grampi. Even when presented with facts, he sticks to his bizarre hatred of certain products.

Chris B. Random question. Have you heard of Cilajet paint protection? I had it applied on my 2012 Mazda when I first bought it. They are going to reapply in 1 year...it is suppose to be good for 5 years at a time. Been pretty happy with its durability...granted this car is kept in the garage...so perhaps I cant comment on durability. Just curious if anyone knows this stuff.

I have not but I'll look into it. Always looking for better and new products to use that make life easier. Keep us posted on both of your findings.

'I just went to Buckeye Harley Davidson in Dayton OH a couple of months ago'

^ IIRC he was there pricing Harley's, trying to verify another ludicrous claim of his. It was another thread here, something about a Harley Road King costing some ridiculous price. It was an epic fail then as well.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
'I just went to Buckeye Harley Davidson in Dayton OH a couple of months ago'

^ IIRC he was there pricing Harley's, trying to verify another ludicrous claim of his. It was another thread here, something about a Harley Road King costing some ridiculous price. It was an epic fail then as well.

That was someone claiming that RKs were under $20K...I found exactly 3 of them at that dealership that were under $20K and they were bare bones models with nothing additional on them...most of their RK models were well over $20K...the epic fail was on his part, not mine...

Last edited:
My word the quote system on this forum is the worst!

Grampi, I had verified dates as well and pictures showing strong beading of water from 9 months to over a year. You need to shut your mouth and stop because you are digging your hole very deep and look Foolish.

Grampi, I had verified dates as well and pictures showing strong beading of water from 9 months to over a year. You need to shut your mouth and stop because you are digging your hole very deep and look Foolish.

Sorry, I did not have the same results when I tried it. What's next, you're going to call me a liar, or that I don't know how to wax a vehicle (which I have been doing for over 40 years)...just because someone has different results with a product doesn't mean they are a liar or an imbecile...

Sorry, I did not have the same results when I tried it. What's next, you're going to call me a liar, or that I don't know how to wax a vehicle (which I have been doing for over 40 years)...just because someone has different results with a product doesn't mean they are a liar or an imbecile...

A few posts up I said I don't have a problem with your findings and opinion at all. I took offense to you stating for years that what myself and many others find about NuFinish was false and could not be true. Your relentless attacks on anyone asking about Nufinish or posting about their great results using NuFinish. You insist NuFinish does not and can not last after myslelf and many others have posted a MASSIVE amount of evidence to show that your findings are not the norm. We made a far greater effort to back our findings and posted solid proof. All you do is post your broken record player response. You are the one who is like talking to a wall. I'm the one and many others who put up evidence to back our findings. You said it yourself basically, just because someone has different results with a product doesn't mean they are junk and that is the end all be all reality of the product so stop spreading this bull on the forum to people who don't know better. This is the problem I have with you! Get real man!

I am fairly new here (at least to the detailing section). Grampi, did you end up taking NuFinish up on their money back guarantee? I respect the fact that you don't care for NuFinish...you seem to have a lot of disdain for the stuff?

However, NuFinish does smell very toxic (petroleum based?). I did not use on my motorhome as I didn't want something I perceived as abrasive on the decals. Thus, I used Sonax Polymer Net Shield instead. Am curious to see how NuFinish holds up on a car that sits outside and is towed behind a motorhome and accumulates all sorts of road debris. I will report back over time on NuFinish and how it does in my application.

I am fairly new here (at least to the detailing section). Grampi, did you end up taking NuFinish up on their money back guarantee? I respect the fact that you don't care for NuFinish...you seem to have a lot of disdain for the stuff?

It's not worth the hassle for $5, or $8, or whatever it costs...Chris B. blows most of what I've said about it out of proportion...I don't like it, but it isn't as bad as Chris B. claims I make it out to be...as far as being long lasting, it's pretty decent. I just don't like the way it makes everything look like plastic, or the way it stains trim...I think a lot of people make way too much hoopla over it when there are plenty of better products available...

I haven't read all the bantering back and forth so....

In my experience NF works very well BUT, if you have any wax on the vehicle the NF doesn't last as long as if the paint was free of wax. Wax just doesn't last as long and the NF bonds to the wax and not the paint. Then when the wax comes off, so does the NF.

I'm not a professional, or even a experienced amatuer. Just something I've noticed.

Originally Posted By: Srt20
I haven't read all the bantering back and forth so....

In my experience NF works very well BUT, if you have any wax on the vehicle the NF doesn't last as long as if the paint was free of wax. Wax just doesn't last as long and the NF bonds to the wax and not the paint. Then when the wax comes off, so does the NF.

I'm not a professional, or even a experienced amatuer. Just something I've noticed.

Good observation. That is why prep is so important and the reason for different findings most likely.

I'm a long time NF user. Mostly on light colored cars for the reasons discussed. But the past year or so I've been hooked on TurtleWax Ice synthetic wax. What I love about it - you can spray it over the entire vehicle - trim, windows, everything. No residue. Seems to last for months, but who knows for sure. Another thing I like is the sheeting when wet. Unlike NF that beads and can be bad for paint after a shower in the sun.

Last edited:
Today I washed and waxed with Turtle Wax. It was my birthday so I went and got new microfiber trio set,some Miller 64,and a cup of water to re-wet any area that dried to fast. Looks fine ,smells great, and I felt my age as I ache all over. I used Nu Finish in the orange bottle when I was a lad. It worked okay. I like the slime lime green stuff though cause it was free and slightly easier to see where to use the ol elbow grease. I think both do an okay job. I'd like to try Zymöl again cause it smells fantastic. I hit too many bugs to use expensive wax. On a side note..I did wax my new toilet before they installed and I can report everything "slides" off or beads up. Any wax is better than no wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back