Turtle wax VS NuFinish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used Nufinish for 20+ years and it makes my decade old plus vehicles look very good and is very durable. I would use the expensive polishes and waxes on my big block 67 Corvette and my 65 427 Carroll Shelby signed Ford Cobra.....if I owned either of those vehicles.

I owned a corvette for about 9 years, all I ever used on it was zaino. Showroom deep shine/reflection, best I have experienced. I now use nufinish because I think durability last longer than zaino in my experience. Now if zaino and nufinish were priced the same, I would use zaino.

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
I owned a corvette for about 9 years, all I ever used on it was zaino. Showroom deep shine/reflection, best I have experienced. I now use nufinish because I think durability last longer than zaino in my experience. Now if zaino and nufinish were priced the same, I would use zaino.

Then you're not using the right Zaino...I've had Zaino last for over a year...no way NF is going to last that long...

Originally Posted By: gman2304
I've used Nufinish for 20+ years and it makes my decade old plus vehicles look very good and is very durable. I would use the expensive polishes and waxes on my big block 67 Corvette and my 65 427 Carroll Shelby signed Ford Cobra.....if I owned either of those vehicles.

If the price difference between NF and good stuff puts you in a financial hardship, then you can't afford to own ANY vehicle...you guys make it sound as though the good stuff costs 10 tens more than NF...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Then you're not using the right Zaino...I've had Zaino last for over a year...no way NF is going to last that long...

Still spreading your moronic and proven false adgenda I see. You really do look foolish trying to get everyone to believe NuFinish doesn't last very long. So many people on this forum post about the great results they have using NuFinish yet you try to take that away from them. Did NuFinish pee in your cereal or what? Get a life ha ha ha!

Originally Posted By: Chris B.

Still spreading your moronic and proven false adgenda I see. You really do look foolish trying to get everyone to believe NuFinish doesn't last very long. So many people on this forum post about the great results they have using NuFinish yet you try to take that away from them. Did NuFinish pee in your cereal or what? Get a life ha ha ha!

If the truth hurts, too bad...

The truth is you're full of it and just LOVE to bash NuFinish and wrongly inform people about it. Again I ask why haven't you posted even a shred of evidence to back your claims? I have many times. You just run your mouth and spew your [censored]. You can't back your claims at all and you have proven my point that you are full of it.

The truth is you're full of it and just LOVE to bash NuFinish and wrongly inform people about it. Again I ask why haven't you posted even a shred of evidence to back your claims? I have many times. You just run your mouth and spew your [censored]. You can't back your claims at all and you have proven my point that you are full of it.

I don't know why I'm even bothering to ask a walking, talking Nufinish advertisement this question, but how do you prove results of using wax on a forum? Pictures are proof of nothing...YOU are full of it!

Last edited:
At the risk of furthering this childish argument, what is Nufinish? It says it's a polish, but it beads like a wax.

Last edited:

I don't know why I'm even bothering to ask a walking, talking Nufinish advertisement this question, but how do you prove results of using wax on a forum? Pictures are proof of nothing...YOU are full of it!

Forum members who don't know about Gramps and I: Several years ago I had a topic about NF with verified dates showing how long it lasts and he started this argument about how it did not perform. I asked him how much experience and time he had using NuFinish and to post a simple of the vehicles he had detailed. After years of asking, He never posted a single picture of any of his work or vehicles with the bottles of wax. After years of seeing him post negative stuff about NF and asking for some kind of evidence to back his claims, he never once came through and I called him on his bull. I have had numerous members message me stating that it is obvious Grampi does not know what he is talking about and to stop wasting time disproving him. Everyone thanked me for my contributions to the forum vs. the [censored] he puts out.
I don't like arguing but I'm not going to sit by when someone who talks [censored] about a good product misinforms the forum. There is so much junk info on the forum and I'm doing my part to curb some of it.

Respected members like Critic, Trav and others into detailing post pictures of their results as I do. Gramps can only talk trash.
I'm going to get a Hood or something from an old vehicle and do a long term test to show durability results. I did this once before but not as well documented as it could have been. Let me know what you guys want to see. It will take a while and be a long term test I'll post the results and we can all see how NuFinish stacks up to many of the best waxes/sealants out there. I'm sure Grampi will be right there to talk more trash but we all can see the truth.

Ok, go ahead Grampi and turn on your broken record response......

Originally Posted By: whip
At the risk of furthering this childish argument, what is Nufinish? It says it's a polish, but it beads like a wax.

It is a polymer sealant. One of the longest lasting on the market verified by countless people unless you talk to Grampi. According to him you will be lucky to see 45 minutes before it stops working. Myself and many others on this forum see a full year out of it. I'm a professional detailer with 15 years full time(25 years total) and have seen what really lasts and NuFinish is one of the longest lasting products.

Last edited:

Forum members who don't know about Gramps and I: Several years ago I had a topic about NF with verified dates showing how long it lasts and he started this argument about how it did not perform. I asked him how much experience and time he had using NuFinish and to post a simple of the vehicles he had detailed. After years of asking, He never posted a single picture of any of his work or vehicles with the bottles of wax. After years of seeing him post negative stuff about NF and asking for some kind of evidence to back his claims, he never once came through and I called him on his bull. I have had numerous members message me stating that it is obvious Grampi does not know what he is talking about and to stop wasting time disproving him. Everyone thanked me for my contributions to the forum vs. the [censored] he puts out.
I don't like arguing but I'm not going to sit by when someone who talks [censored] about a good product misinforms the forum. There is so much junk info on the forum and I'm doing my part to curb some of it.

Respected members like Critic, Trav and others into detailing post pictures of their results as I do. Gramps can only talk trash.
I'm going to get a Hood or something from an old vehicle and do a long term test to show durability results. I did this once before but not as well documented as it could have been. Let me know what you guys want to see. It will take a while and be a long term test I'll post the results and we can all see how NuFinish stacks up to many of the best waxes/sealants out there. I'm sure Grampi will be right there to talk more trash but we all can see the truth.

Ok, go ahead Grampi and turn on your broken record response......

And as usual, you misstate what I've said about NF...it is a long lasting product, however, there are longer lasting products available that also look better and don't stain trim...why would anyone get as upset as you do over this statement? You've got mental issues that need attention...

You have stated over and over for YEARS that it does not last long at all and that it is a garbage product. You keep stating this and ramming it down everybody's throat who asks about NF and that's why am so defensive about it. For you to state that you have never said that after we have argued this for years shows your lack of integrity and that you live in your own little world! I am sick and tired of seeing you spew false information about NuFinish. And if you have the slightest amount of skill while waxing the vehicle, you don't have to worry about getting it on black trim. Maybe this would be a concern for someone who shakes a lot or uses a sloppy technique.
I pick and choose my battles and this is one that I decided to fight. I'm not going away and will be right here every time you open your mouth with false information.

Last edited:
'And if you have the slightest amount of skill while waxing the vehicle, you don't have to worry about getting it on black trim. Maybe this would be a concern for someone who shakes a lot or uses a sloppy technique.'

I mask off my black fender flares before applying NF. Takes all of 10 minutes.

'And if you have the slightest amount of skill while waxing the vehicle, you don't have to worry about getting it on black trim. Maybe this would be a concern for someone who shakes a lot or uses a sloppy technique.'

I use the same technique no matter what wax or sealant I use. What I do is hold the wax pad very tightly with my fingers all the way up to the edge of it gripping it with my fingernails basically and then I can run it right down where paint and black trim meet very quickly without getting a drop of wax on the trim.

This Volvo was just done with NuFinish. It has more black plastic trim then most cars. Not a single spec of white residue

If you use a good wax that doesn't stain, you don't have to do any masking...

You have stated over and over for YEARS that it does not last long at all and that it is a garbage product. You keep stating this and ramming it down everybody's throat who asks about NF and that's why am so defensive about it. For you to state that you have never said that after we have argued this for years shows your lack of integrity and that you live in your own little world! I am sick and tired of seeing you spew false information about NuFinish. And if you have the slightest amount of skill while waxing the vehicle, you don't have to worry about getting it on black trim. Maybe this would be a concern for someone who shakes a lot or uses a sloppy technique.
I pick and choose my battles and this is one that I decided to fight. I'm not going away and will be right here every time you open your mouth with false information.

So what if I don't like NF, you are never going to convince me a it's a good product...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back