Travis Pastrana leaving NASCAR after this Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes a big man to admit that he couldn't get the job done. He sounds like a down to earth kinda guy who want's to be with his family.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
It takes a big man to admit that he couldn't get the job done.

You sound funny he was the 14th best driver in the nationwide series in his second full year in stock car racing. I do not call that not getting the job done.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

You sound funny he was the 14th best driver in the nationwide series in his second full year in stock car racing. I do not call that not getting the job done.

I do wonder why he couldn't get sponsership then? He beating half the field.

Quote:
I've never been able to figure out the finesse required in pavement racing and that is disappointing, but I'm looking forward to driving more rally and racing more off-road trucks and there will be some announcements on those fronts shortly!

I think he feels he isn't going to be a top 5 guy ever in NASCAR, so he might as well do something he's better at, that takes less time.
He's had an interesting career, I remember watching "Crusty Demons of Dirt" and he was a skinny 14 year old doing 100'+ gaps on his RM250...

what i had heard was that a lot depended on him pulling in the sponsors to keep going.

yeah very odd that HE could not.
he has his own tv show, name another driver in ANY sport that does?
beuhler? beuhler? beuhler?

imho, he got bored with the roundyround big left turn.
TP is more of a rallydriver anyway. being a dirtbike guy and watching TPs entire career i really didnt expect him to even go these 2 years as it was. he's a major adrenaline junkie and while nascar is fast, its not enough. now if they let him jump the car in the infield or even try to backflip it...then he would stay, but going left, left, left, left is not for him.

I bet the sheet metal fabricators on the 60 car won't have to work so much over time next year as well as the wall painters at all the tracks he wrecked at.

And it takes an even bigger one to put his family above his career. If that is is true motive, then I applaud him for it.

He left Global Rallycross too...Dodge pulled its support of his Darts. He said on a GRC interview that he would be going back to Nitro Circus.

kinda proves that "car racing" is just to lame for him.

NC is basically [censored] on wheels...unless they cant find them then its just [censored].

oh nice censor....jack+a$$ goes in both censor spots....a title of another movie/show.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
He left Global Rallycross too...Dodge pulled its support of his Darts. He said on a GRC interview that he would be going back to Nitro Circus.

Yeah, IF he were to go into the WRC full time and FULL effort, he would be seeing even less of his family than he did while in the Nationwide NASCAR circus, given the just short of year 'round, globe hopping ordeal that World Championship Rallying is currently.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dave1251

His words, not mine. It was mentioned in the article.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

And it takes an even bigger one to put his family above his career. If that is is true motive, then I applaud him for it.

I agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back