Toyota recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I bought a lemon in anything, I'd trade it and cut my losses.

Toyotas traditionally do have remarkable trade-in values.

So move on now and enjoy the rest of your life with a Dodge or a Ford or a VW or some other "high quality" automobile.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Sure, take a several $k loss to dump a problem which is what many Camry owners are suffering. You must be a financial advisor and marriage counselor. I'd hate to be a crime victim and have you explain how I should have worn less sexy clothes.

Nope.

Fighter pilot.

In my book, what you're doing is whining. If the car is so terrible, then take the $$ hit and move on. Or keep it. Either way. You make the call.

But if you make a call, like buying a car, or selling a car, then man up and live with the decision. You made it. Take responsibility for your choice. You made it.

That's old school, I suppose.

Or, you can go on social media and complain. That's the new way to handle things. No stiff upper lip, no responsibility for one's choices. It's not your fault for choosing the car, it's Toyota's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Sure, take a several $k loss to dump a problem which is what many Camry owners are suffering. You must be a financial advisor and marriage counselor. I'd hate to be a crime victim and have you explain how I should have worn less sexy clothes.

Nope.

Fighter pilot.

In my book, what you're doing is whining. If the car is so terrible, then take the $$ hit and move on. Or keep it. Either way. You make the call.

But if you make a call, like buying a car, or selling a car, then man up and live with the decision. You made it. Take responsibility for your choice. You made it.

Or, you can go on social media and complain. That's the new way to handle things. No stiff upper lip, no responsibility for one's choices. It's not your fault for choosing the car, it's Toyota's.

It's also the fault of people like me with 200k+ trouble free miles on their Toyotas who are very satisfied with their purchases.

Nope.

Fighter pilot.

Man that logic is so backwards I don't even know how to get you the help you need.

Your literally trying to tells us 7th gen Camry owners that we should have "know magically" about their failure to design the torque converter correctly. Craziness.

To insinuate that because we chose the car we have forfeited the right to be disappointed at genuine documented failures. Sick man , sick.

Again your going with the "you chose the boyfriend, you should have known he'd abuse you" rationale.

Please refrain from counseling me further.

Originally Posted By: Leo99

Nope.

Fighter pilot.

It's also the fault of people like me with 200k+ trouble free miles on their Toyotas who are very satisfied with their purchases.

Right, thus every car they ever made since yours is perfect and we gen 7 Camry owners are lying.

Man that logic is so backwards I don't even know how to get you the help you need.

Your literally trying to tells us 7th gen Camry owners that we should have "know magically" about their failure to design the torque converter correctly. Craziness.

To insinuate that because we chose the car we have forfeited the right to be disappointed at genuine documented failures. Sick man , sick.

Again your going with the "you chose the boyfriend, you should have known he'd abuse you" rationale.

Perfectly stated!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

How dare wee peons question the "professionals" and "authorities" at these behemoth companies when it comes to their products and the shortcomings they have, which are DEFECTS!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Perfectly stated!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

How dare wee peons question the "professionals" and "authorities" at these behemoth companies when it comes to their products and the shortcomings they have, which are DEFECTS!

Thank You! It was getting to feel lonely here. Thanks for speaking up.

Nope.

Fighter pilot.

To continue your unpleasant analogy, you're staying with the abusive boyfriend and complaining about him instead of breaking up with him.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Leo99

Nope.

Fighter pilot.

Right, thus every car they ever made since yours is perfect and we gen 7 Camry owners are lying.

You haven't replied to my previous question, have you sought relief through lemon law?

No, I've sought corrections. A functioning vehicle. Simple as that. Pretty reasonable of me hey. How dare I.

BTW, Toyota contacted me about these things. Responsible move yes. But not making good in millions of dollars of design and testing and supposed Lessons learned from 7 years of shuddering transmissions.in Camrys from 2007-2014.5..... Not cool.

something tells me you would whine even if the vehicle is perfect. Did you get the letter on the TC shudder? Supposedly just a reprogramming. Nothing you list seems insurmountable. I am going to go further and ask, do you even own a Camry or are you just a Toyota hater?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: philipp10
something tells me you would whine even if the vehicle is perfect. Did you get the letter on the TC shudder? Supposedly just a reprogramming. Nothing you list seems insurmountable. I am going to go further and ask, do you even own a Camry or are you just a Toyota hater?

Something tells you hey? Something tells you.

Nice. Does "something" tell you about the Super Bowl hopes of the Vikings? LOL

Yes I own a Camry, as was said in prior posts. A 2013 with 27k on it from new.

And if you were more knowledgable about the transmission issue you'd know that the software update is an attempt to save some torque converters from 'possibly' being torn out. In other words it's a limp it allong measure to make up or the design problem. I don't have the time to go through the 7 year history of this tranny problem or to show you the actual TSB from toyota showing that the computer update will likely not work for many that have been damaged by the shudder and the whole replacement procedure......on a car that has 27k.....but I have done my homework and have official word from actual reps. And hey if people don't want to believe what I have to say and they don't want to spend the year digging around and talking to real service managers and toyota tech lines...fine.

Don't tell me what's real or not. Move allong novice.

Just remember, it's called the Lombardi trophy for a reason. Oh, and give us Paul Molitor back.

Nope.

Fighter pilot.

I insinuated nothing of the kind. You expect perfection, and really can't handle the idea that cars break, or have flaws that need to be addressed. Wake up, that's the real world. In the real world, grown-ups fix what needs to be fixed.

If the car needs to be fixed, then fix it.

If it's a lemon, then pursue legal action.

If your boyfriend is abusing you, leave, fight back, or take legal action.

But please, man up and do something besides wallow in self-pity over your first-world problem. Take action. That's what I am counseling you to do.

Posting on BITOG should not be confused with action.

@Sump Chump:

Keep right on posting about your SERIOUSLY DEFECTIVE TRANSMISSION in your nearly new 2013 Toyota Camry.

The hey day of Toyota bullet proof durability and quality is long gone. They are about the same when it comes to quality as the rest of the manufacturers. Which is to say "middling" at best.

@antiqueshell

It amazes me how immediately adamant others are to be sure that I am "expecting perfection" when I never said that and .... when I come on to a thread about a CAMRY RECALL and post about my gen 7 CAMRY RECALL and TSB's. Ha! Like I'm coming out of left field. They get upset that I share FACTUAL information about failing transmission torque converters, a central part of the NEW car, from a company who has lost their special status. And yet they ignore that I have had zero problems with my new Corolla. (As just maybe should be the case for the 6k it has on it)

Thanks for your common sense midwestern support of reality.

SumpChump, as a previous owner of a vehicle that seemed to be in the shop more often than not, I can sympathize with you. I don't think you're expecting perfection; you're simply expecting a car that runs as designed and marketed. That's fair.

But you don't have it. Toyota hasn't delivered it. It appears that Toyota may not deliver it. SO IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON. As long as you follow BITOG's terms of conduct, you can post here how sorry your transmission is all day long. But that doesn't make your transmission work any better. It doesn't move you in the direction of being able to replace the car.

I like the abusive boyfriend analogy. You picked the boyfriend, and now the boyfriend is abusive. Not your fault; the guy was probably very charming on the first date and now you feel tricked. So now you have a choice to make. You can go on Facebook and tell all your girlfriends how much you hate your boyfriend, or you can get rid of your abusive boyfriend. One of those choices moves you along in life. One of them doesn't. It's your call.

No, I've sought corrections. A functioning vehicle. Simple as that. Pretty reasonable of me hey. How dare I.

BTW, Toyota contacted me about these things. Responsible move yes. But not making good in millions of dollars of design and testing and supposed Lessons learned from 7 years of shuddering transmissions.in Camrys from 2007-2014.5..... Not cool.

You need to carefully research your state's lemon law.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

You need to carefully research your state's lemon law.

I doubt he has a case.

Stitching together the details from amongst the self pity: he bought the car new, it had some problems, Toyota contacted him about some TSBs designed to fix the problems. They fixed the car at no cost to him.

He doesn't like the fix. He has taken no legal action.

Originally Posted By: philipp10

Something tells you hey? Something tells you.

Nice. Does "something" tell you about the Super Bowl hopes of the Vikings? LOL

Yes I own a Camry, as was said in prior posts. A 2013 with 27k on it from new.

And if you were more knowledgable about the transmission issue you'd know that the software update is an attempt to save some torque converters from 'possibly' being torn out. In other words it's a limp it allong measure to make up or the design problem. I don't have the time to go through the 7 year history of this tranny problem or to show you the actual TSB from toyota showing that the computer update will likely not work for many that have been damaged by the shudder and the whole replacement procedure......on a car that has 27k.....but I have done my homework and have official word from actual reps. And hey if people don't want to believe what I have to say and they don't want to spend the year digging around and talking to real service managers and toyota tech lines...fine.

Don't tell me what's real or not. Move allong novice.

Just remember, it's called the Lombardi trophy for a reason. Oh, and give us Paul Molitor back.

I'll admit I know little about this shudder on the Camry. What I had read made it sound like it only happens when the car is cold so I took that as a minor inconvience. Maybe it is much worse. I own a 2013 Accord with the CVT and there was an incredible amount of whinning about "shudder" when under 20 mph. I experienced it but to me, it seems quite normal. Not saying your's is not a much bigger deal. Oh and BTW, Paul Molitor was ours to begine with. he played AA ball with my cousin back in the 70's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back