Took a test drive in a used truck today, something in the cab made me sick.

If you will spray all that clover with some Celcius WG, about 2 tablespoons to 2 gallons of water and put down about 1/2 lb of 34-0-0 per 1,000 sf 3 days after the Celcius, you will get rid of it.
It would be terrible to get rid of clover. It fixes nitrogen and makes for healthier soil.

Now back to trucks…

OP, I’d give them a chance at a super clean. I’d also ask to look at the cabin filter and evaporator airbox. They aren’t making money sitting on inventory They surely want to sell, so they should be willing to open things up to show you.

I too think ozone is plausible, though then one must ask why ozone was in use.

If I was buying it, I’d write into the contract the sickness concern, and ask for a return period. I know that could be inconvenient, but it would be best to ensure it’s not going to be an issue.

Last edited:
I'd keep looking. Its not worth your health and what do you do if the problem returns? I have a friend that biought a lightly used QX80 SUV and it had such a bad odor and kept going back in to the shop, the dealer finally tapped out and said they couldnt fix it and gave her credit towards another one.

I'd keep looking. Its not worth your health and what do you do if the problem returns? I have a friend that biought a lightly used QX80 SUV and it had such a bad odor and kept going back in to the shop, the dealer finally tapped out and said they couldnt fix it and gave her credit towards another one.
Except that we don’t have any objective evidence that there’s anything health related in the truck. There could be. Sure. We could speculate about a lot of things that could be… in all areas of life.

If it’s a truck in a color and setup that OP likes, good price, no rust, etc., it’s worth at least another look. Especially if the dealer wants to deal.

Will be interesting to hear of OP’s decision. They can always walk…

I saw on TV someone bought a used car that a murder and body was in the car for a few days.

I have a female friend that has been fighting a bad odo in a QX80. Its been 14 months and 20 some odd trips to the dealer only to determine it was an unreported food car. It gave her a migrane like headache every day she drove it.

My point to the OP is, its not worth your health and there will be other trucks. Sometimes things are not meant to be.

Off topic, what would one do with practically identical 2017, 2018, and 2021 Sierra pickups?
When you click on the forum topic, in this instance "General and Off Topic", you find a button "Post Thread". It's great for stuff like this that is "Off topic" to the OP and distracts from the intent of the thread. They call it "hijack" for a reason.

I have a female friend that has been fighting a bad odo in a QX80. Its been 14 months and 20 some odd trips to the dealer only to determine it was an unreported food car. It gave her a migrane like headache every day she drove it.

My point to the OP is, its not worth your health and there will be other trucks. Sometimes things are not meant to be.
It took me a minute -- at first I was trying to figure out why a food car would be more likely to have a faulty odometer!!

When you click on the forum topic, in this instance "General and Off Topic", you find a button "Post Thread". It's great for stuff like this that is "Off topic" to the OP and distracts from the intent of the thread. They call it "hijack" for a reason.
I find it a related question to this thread. Why would you start a new thread about the OP who wants 3 nearly identical trucks and ask about their uses?
When it clearly fits into this thread.

I would also like to know(dont care?). Its his money.. but my curiosity.

I would say hard pass unless they give you a week to return it after its "super cleaned".

Back