Tony Stewart - Grand Jury... no charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The campaign against cannabis is so hypocritical. In sports it is a performance enhancing drug. In everyday life it is a akin to alcohol(depressant). Which is it, can't have it both ways. Back in the 70's, everyone smoked. I'd rather deal with a stoner than someone who has had a few to many drinks anyday. If weed is so bad people would be falling over dead by the millions, IMO the feds campaign against weed is just a big waste of money.

Just because it was in his system..does not mean he was stoned at the time.

Testing for weed has yet to be established as a standard process that can reliably indicate or predict impairment. Weed has a bewildering array of effects on people both good and otherwise and an unknown fate in human metabolism. Dealing with it as a public safety issue, as in driving a car, is going to interesting at best at the point of contact, that is a traffic stop, and a real test of the legal system. Right now there are too many experts, too many vested interests on both sides and too much politics to have any real answers. Any place there are votes in the deal it will become legal and Colorado is an example of that. Weed is an issue of popularity not morality.

Blah blah blah....Still illegal...till then he was the bad guy for having it in him in an impairing amount no matter what anyone thinks or says.....plain and simple....next.....

Originally Posted By: Hermann
If we would shut down the news industry for a month, and quit giving everyone their 15 minutes of fame, the world's problem might just disappear.
49.gif

Man, that was a GEM! Totally agree...

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
That kid got himself in a bad place. He had to know that when you come around the track it's difficult to change your line at least enough to dodge some guy standing in the way. You don't see that far ahead driving around the track and the results are what you'd expect.

Absolutely true. And the way those cars are biased to turn left requires a bit of throttle to get it to turn, too.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Testing for weed has yet to be established as a standard process that can reliably indicate or predict impairment. Weed has a bewildering array of effects on people both good and otherwise and an unknown fate in human metabolism. Dealing with it as a public safety issue, as in driving a car, is going to interesting at best at the point of contact, that is a traffic stop, and a real test of the legal system. Right now there are too many experts, too many vested interests on both sides and too much politics to have any real answers. Any place there are votes in the deal it will become legal and Colorado is an example of that. Weed is an issue of popularity not morality.

The last line is one of my favorites here. Weed is not a big deal, but it does impair you. Seems to be very individual, too, so it's very hard to have some absolute definitive value beyond which you are stoned..

Tragic for all involved. When Ward got out of his car and then walked down the track, he assumed the risk.

The fact that it has now been revealed that Ward was under the influence further confirms the Grand Jury decision to be the correct one.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Tragic for all involved. When Ward got out of his car and then walked down the track, he assumed the risk.

The fact that it has now been revealed that Ward was under the influence further confirms the Grand Jury decision to be the correct one.

+100000000

And NOW we know why the Sheriff sent it to the grand jury. I always thought that was odd.

HE didn't want to be the one that had to announce the marijuana issue. He wanted it to come from a nameless, faceless grand jury.

Firstly it takes 28 days for thc to clear a persons body,so ward could have smoked grass at any point in that 28 days and will test positive for weed,so just because the test claimed positive in no way means Ward was stoned.
In any case it's not relevant. The kid gets told prior to every race to STAY IN THE CAR IF THERE IS A CAUTION FLAG FOR ANY REASON.
The minute he decided to get on a dirt track in the dark with cars speeding around it he was asking for it. Plain and simple.
Stay in the car.
Had he listened,instead of thinking that after crashing his own car it's a great time to chase someone for an ounce of flesh he would be alive today.
He's dead because he made a very foolish decision,it's just that simple.
Did smoke see him?
Maybe?
Does it really matter?
No!
Because the kid was out of the car. It could have been anyone that clipped him,anyone.
Just because Tony Stewart has some cash in the bank means he's a target for media whores and crybabies alike.
Stay in the car!
Simple.
If the ounce of flesh ward wanted to get was so important I suggest after getting towed to the pits that he should then exit his vehicle and punch Stewart in the face.
What exactly did he think he was going to do to a fast moving car zipping by him,really?
Wards dead because he did something very stupid. He could easily have avoided death by following the instructions put forth at every single pre race drivers meeting and STAYED IN THE CAR.
He's dead because he's dumb.
Survival of the fittest right. What kind of idiot thinks he's going to stop race traffic with his body and live.
Seriously.
Darwin would be proud. His evolution theory is proving true.
Those who are too stupid to live die stupid deaths.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Firstly it takes 28 days for thc to clear a persons body,so ward could have smoked grass at any point in that 28 days and will test positive for weed,so just because the test claimed positive in no way means Ward was stoned.
In any case it's not relevant. The kid gets told prior to every race to STAY IN THE CAR IF THERE IS A CAUTION FLAG FOR ANY REASON.
The minute he decided to get on a dirt track in the dark with cars speeding around it he was asking for it. Plain and simple.
Stay in the car.
Had he listened,instead of thinking that after crashing his own car it's a great time to chase someone for an ounce of flesh he would be alive today.
He's dead because he made a very foolish decision,it's just that simple.
Did smoke see him?
Maybe?
Does it really matter?
No!
Because the kid was out of the car. It could have been anyone that clipped him,anyone.
Just because Tony Stewart has some cash in the bank means he's a target for media whores and crybabies alike.
Stay in the car!
Simple.
If the ounce of flesh ward wanted to get was so important I suggest after getting towed to the pits that he should then exit his vehicle and punch Stewart in the face.
What exactly did he think he was going to do to a fast moving car zipping by him,really?
Wards dead because he did something very stupid. He could easily have avoided death by following the instructions put forth at every single pre race drivers meeting and STAYED IN THE CAR.
He's dead because he's dumb.
Survival of the fittest right. What kind of idiot thinks he's going to stop race traffic with his body and live.
Seriously.
Darwin would be proud. His evolution theory is proving true.
Those who are too stupid to live die stupid deaths.

Preach it brother !!!!!

To me the positive test for marijuana indicates Ward Jr was not very serious about being a professional racing driver. NASCAR's substance abuse policy clearly includes marijuana in the list of banned substances. True this was not a NASCAR sanctioned event, but most of the up and coming sprint car drivers tend to have aspirations to drive in NASCAR.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
To me the positive test for marijuana indicates Ward Jr was not very serious about being a professional racing driver.

Additionally, you watch F1. What do you think Charlie Whiting would do to a driver who jumped out after a collision and started twerking on the track like that? I bet one of the driver's options would be finding a new job in NASCAR.

Originally Posted By: Garak
To me the positive test for marijuana indicates Ward Jr was not very serious about being a professional racing driver.

Additionally, you watch F1. What do you think Charlie Whiting would do to a driver who jumped out after a collision and started twerking on the track like that? I bet one of the driver's options would be finding a new job in NASCAR.

Yup, Charlie would have none of it. They would have their Super License revoked so fast Ferrari wouldn't even have a chance to accuse someone else of cheating.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

And NOW we know why the Sheriff sent it to the grand jury. I always thought that was odd.

HE didn't want to be the one that had to announce the marijuana issue. He wanted it to come from a nameless, faceless grand jury.

Actually the prosecutor/DA Michael Tantillo said Wednesday "“There is toxicology evidence in the case relating to Kevin Ward that actually indicated that at time of operation he was under the influence of marijuana,”

He further went on to say "“The levels that were determined were enough to impair judgment,”

Obviously there was no doubt in their findings that Ward was under the influence significant enough to cause impairment.

As for sending it to the grand jury, high profile case, DA just covering all his bases. Seems prudent to me.

Again though, very tragic and sad for all involved.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/story...xicology-report

Originally Posted By: Garak

Yup, Charlie would have none of it. They would have their Super License revoked so fast Ferrari wouldn't even have a chance to accuse someone else of cheating.

And we all know that is FAST!

The raw video I watched showed Stewart not drop to the bottom of the track, and the audio indicates him tweaking his throttle to get his car sideways just before the accident...just saying...Mr Hothead knows what he was thinking...just a shame for all involved.

Originally Posted By: larry007
The raw video I watched showed Stewart not drop to the bottom of the track, and the audio indicates him tweaking his throttle to get his car sideways just before the accident...just saying...Mr Hothead knows what he was thinking...just a shame for all involved.

It's for sure you don't know what he was thinking.
31.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back