This wrench was a perfect fit today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like it was meant to be. I replaced both sway bar end links on my Focus today. The driver's side had been replaced already and thus had wrench flats on the back side of it. At first I was cranking on the top nut and the wrench was only hitting the plastic fender liner, then when I cranked it down I noticed this incredible coincidence. It fit perfectly over the grease zerk for the bottom mount.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Is your brake hose supposed to twist like that?

Absolutely not

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Is your brake hose supposed to twist like that?

I noticed this while I was under the car... I thought it unwise to untwist it now that it's been that way for so long.

Yes, that brake hose is a safety issue.
The hose is not designed to be twisted as such and the danger is that it will fail at the least opportune time.

You don't let you wife or kids drive that thing, do you?

On stuff like that I usually use a hydraulic nut splitter, a few seconds and its off.
A mechanical one like this one will work fine also. A good tool to have around for short money,

Originally Posted By: Imp4
The hose is not designed to be twisted as such and the danger is that it will fail at the least opportune time.

Nope, it's only my work car. I'll get the hose replaced sooner than later, it seems.

Originally Posted By: Ifixyawata
Originally Posted By: Imp4

Nope, it's only my work car. I'll get the hose replaced sooner than later, it seems.

It's unwise to leave it that way. Not sure what it only being your work car has to do with it. It's still several thousand pounds of rolling mass operating on a public roadway

Take the caliper off, rotate 360 degrees, put it back on

Originally Posted By: SnowDrifter

Yup this is how this got this way.

Originally Posted By: SnowDrifter

It's unwise to leave it that way. Not sure what it only being your work car has to do with it. It's still several thousand pounds of rolling mass operating on a public roadway

I know it still needs fixed just as much, was just answering the question that I generally do not have my wife nor kids in this car. My wife hates it and the kids car seats are a tight fit.

I will take the caliper off today and untwist the 'phone cord'. I'm almost embarrassed to admit I did the front rotors and pads on this car a few months ago. I don't remember seeing the rubber line twisted that way, but I know it would take a bit of forcing to get it twisted.

Do I run a risk of the line breaking from twisting it back to it's proper orientation considering it's been twisted this way for so long?

Do I run a risk of the line breaking from twisting it back to it's proper orientation considering it's been twisted this way for so long?

Who knows?
The car is a 2001, so dry rot is a real possibility.

Do you want to find out the hard way?

Not unless the line is compromised in the first place. Leaving it that way on the other hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back