Survey says Italy best cuisine in the world

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Very debatable chart:
321438423_668758554979790_8432061719533461054_n.jpg

Many people don't know what Italian food is.

Many people think cafeteria spahgetti and mozzerella topped sandwiches from fast food joints are Italian food.

edit: Hungary is #21.
All my life I've heard praise of the Hungarian kitchen.
Since I'm no expert, I'd love to see a thoughtful comparison of European cuisines (to level the playing field) to see where Hugarian chow ranks.

Last edited:
From Wiki:

TasteAtlas is an experiential travel guide for traditional food that collates authentic recipes, food critic reviews, and research articles about popular ingredients and dishes.[1][2] Describing itself as "a world atlas of traditional dishes, local ingredients, and authentic restaurants",[3] it features an interactive global food map[4] with dish icons shown in their respective regions[5] and purportedly contains nearly 10,000 dishes, drinks, and ingredients, as well as 9,000 restaurants.

Founded in 2015 by Croatian journalist and entrepreneur Matija Babić,[6] it took more than three years of research and development before the project launched in late 2018.

Not exactly Michelin ratings.

Many people don't know what Italian food is.

Many people think cafeteria spahgetti and mozzerella topped sandwiches from fast food joints are Italian food.

My ex was from Texas. They, like many foreigners, think of Olive Garden as good Italian Food. It's not bad, but it's a chain.

Lot of Italian food in the Northeast. Italian food is extremely diverse.

It's kind of similar with BBQ and Mexican food up here. Not as common as it is in the South and Western part of the U.S.

True. Many people thing the more garlic the better. I think what are you hiding?

I didn’t know what Italian food was until I… went to Italy. I thought Italian food was good before, but over there it’s incredible. It’s much more simple than what we have here in the US. Not everything is smothered in cheese, herbs, etc. Food over there is simpler, maybe only a couple ingredients per dish, but man is is good. Totally different.

I didn’t know what Italian food was until I… went to Italy. I thought Italian food was good before, but over there it’s incredible. It’s much more simple than what we have here in the US. Not everything is smothered in cheese, herbs, etc. Food over there is simpler, maybe only a couple ingredients per dish, but man is is good. Totally different.
Just like most cuisines in it’s own country.

Most Italian food people know here in the US is glorified spaghettios.
I like Italian dishes that don’t have tomatoes or more precisely a more Mediterranean type cuisine.
Tomatoes were imported to Italy from er America. I prefer Italian seafood dishes.

Back