Super tech HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a VOA of Supertech High Mileage oil or perhaps a link to one? i know there are better oils out there but it will be going in a vehicle that doesn't get but 5k~ or so miles per year and doesn't require anything fancy, and I have heard decent things about Supertech as a budget oil.

Any thoughts, reviews or experiences using this oil?

Wow! Thanks a lot! That Pennzoil has a MUCH better add pack. Definetely worth the 5 extra bucks. That pretty much made up my mind. Thanks dlundbad!

Technically its a synthetic blend, but you shouldnt have any issues with it over cleaning and causing leaks.

What % is synthetic. I have never seen a manufacturer that shows the ratio of conventional to synthetic on the label. I would assume it would be something like 75/25 but that is just a guess.

Yeah you don't really know. I imagine it'd be something like that though. Maxlife is Dexos approved (50/50), but that's all I can think of.

ST and MaxLife have very similar properties - not sure about the amount of seal conditioners.

Yeah I may be one of the few on here that love Walmart. I buy almost all my oil from Walmart exclusively. There are only 2 oils I cannot buy there (RP HPS and HMX) and those come from Jegs or Oreilly's

I really like the Mobil Super 5k conventional oil, so although I've never used it I'm going to bring up the Mobil Super HM oil. Again, I haven't used it, but I really like the MS5K conventional oil, and I think the Mobil Super HM might be included in the $7 rebate that Mobil has going on right now (you should confirm this with Mobil though). If it is included in the rebate, then it's a quality oil at a very good price, that should work very well in your application.

supertech is a decent oil. there was a guy running a cummins with over 50K on one oil fill. only changing filters and toping off. the blackstone reports were still good oil. check the cummins forums.
granted this is a diesel oil.
i run the supertech in my 12 civic full synthetic 5-20 the mpg's went up 2. from the valvoline 0-20.
so i believe the supertech is a fine oil.

Originally Posted By: Killer223
supertech is a decent oil. there was a guy running a cummins with over 50K on one oil fill. only changing filters and toping off. the blackstone reports were still good oil. check the cummins forums.
granted this is a diesel oil.
i run the supertech in my 12 civic full synthetic 5-20 the mpg's went up 2. from the valvoline 0-20.
so i believe the supertech is a fine oil.

I have a hard time believing that but if the story is true that is pretty amazing!
shocked2.gif

I am going to stick with the pennzoil HM though. Much higher TBN and better add pack. I only need to change it once a year or so, so the stouter add pack will provide better protection throughout the OCI.

Although the add pack doesn't look particularly impressive (and I'm not a fan of sodium-based add packs as I think it's used more for price than effectiveness (give me a moly/boron oil any day). I don't think we see all the "stuff" that makes oil work in a UOA. If that were the case, we wouldn't be seeing the great Valvoline results (which appears to have a weak add pack yet produces really good UOA's). Also, there's the quality of the base oil to consider.

I have a hard time believing that also.. Unless he was topping it off with a quart every 500 miles. Im sure super tech is a good oil but not as good as some others you can see it on the PQIA website. Would i use super tech? I may.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back