sumitto tires ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a Ford fusion with Sumitto Tour Plus LSV tires anyone with experience on these tires.

I'm assuming you mean Sumitomo?

I don't know about the Touring LS V's specifically. I bought HTR Z II's and I won't be next time. Lots of road noise and poor traction. I really haven't too many people praise the brand for any of the tires.

Some of the lower priced tire companies seem to perform pretty well. I don't think Sumitomo is one of them.

I have two Sumic with around 30,000 miles on my Focus. The car ruined the other two. Sumitomo is made by the same rubber co as Sumic. I didn't like them too much when they were new because they were a little noisy. But now that they're worn almost down to the wear bars I think they're OK.

When a previous set of Kumhos were worn down to this point they rode like wooden wheels.

Had a set of Sumitomo tires on my old Elantra. Were quiet, smooth and sticky for the first 15k miles. Then out of no where, they became noisy, bumpy and didn't track right. Had them balanced and aligned multiple times to no avail. But despite all this, the tread life remained good and they didn't wear much at all.
21.gif

I must have received a bad batch. They slide everywhere and are noisy as heck. There's nothing wrong with my alignment. I think I'm selling them. Only 8k on them.

More people liking them makes for a better market for me to dump them.

Originally Posted By: gotnogunk
Just bought a Ford fusion with Sumitto Tour Plus LSV tires.

If it says "Sumitto" on them, they are knock-offs. Ask for a refund.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back