Struggling with 2003 Camry last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget tampering...The seals wear out and cause the fluid to leak out. Just go and buy a rebuilt one and put it on...not expensive. And not hard to do. I just replaced a co-workers caliper that had the same problem.

This may sound like a silly question, but suddenly I thought of it while driving. It's about time to change my spark plugs as I've noticed poor fuel economy now. Can you change one spark plugs and leave the other 3? I just change one battery sometimes in a set of 4 batteries for something like a remote control, it's not good but it works but it puts a lot of strain on the new battery, is that the case with spark plugs? can you or should you replace them singly or is that not helpful or potentially damaging and cause more harm?

Also, the ball joint is on the control arm so you have to seperate it, and you can use a ball joint remover/pickle fork, but they also have a ball joint press you can loan, should you use a ball joint press? It seems that'd make the job easier, or not necessarily for an 03 camry/ Also, junkyards dont' sell ball joints individually, they sell them with the control arm and the lower ball joint is on the control arm, so if your ball joint is going bad, does that mean your control arm is in danger of going bad too? If you dont replace the ball joint, will you need to eventually replace both the ball joint and the control arm? Also, my ball joint isn't terribly bad, it just has some play to it.

And the calipers, is it caused by using a lot of abs or a lot of sudden, sharp stops? thanks.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: Quest
this guy (GHT?!) is playing us for a fool all along, yet 16+ pages of response/reply and you folks still not getting it?!

Enthusiasm aside: I refused to provide any help (I can sense the behaviour), and yet you posters still not getting it?!

Sheesh! no wonder BITOG is infested with GHT and the likes these days...

*wake up and smell da coffee!!*

Q.

I tried to stay out of this thread, but I gotta give this a huge +1!

I can no longer resist... questions about changing only one spark plug and getting a junkyard ball joint... for real?

Originally Posted By: engineer20
This may sound like a silly question, but suddenly I thought of it while driving. It's about time to change my spark plugs as I've noticed poor fuel economy now. Can you change one spark plugs and leave the other 3? I just change one battery sometimes in a set of 4 batteries for something like a remote control, it's not good but it works but it puts a lot of strain on the new battery, is that the case with spark plugs? can you or should you replace them singly or is that not helpful or potentially damaging and cause more harm?

Also, the ball joint is on the control arm so you have to seperate it, and you can use a ball joint remover/pickle fork, but they also have a ball joint press you can loan, should you use a ball joint press? It seems that'd make the job easier, or not necessarily for an 03 camry/ Also, junkyards dont' sell ball joints individually, they sell them with the control arm and the lower ball joint is on the control arm, so if your ball joint is going bad, does that mean your control arm is in danger of going bad too? If you dont replace the ball joint, will you need to eventually replace both the ball joint and the control arm? Also, my ball joint isn't terribly bad, it just has some play to it.

And the calipers, is it caused by using a lot of abs or a lot of sudden, sharp stops? thanks.

Thank goodness you finally have a problem that falls under my area of expertise as I am a sparkplug engineer. Oh, I just remembered my neighbor's dog was constipated last week and the check-out girl at the grocery store said Ex-lax is now made for dogs but I should wait until next week because there might be a coupon in the weekly circular. Now back to spark plugs. I know for a fact that many junkyards around here sell ball joints and control arms separately but give a good discount when you buy both. But, let's get back to sparkplugs. Uh-oh, I just remembered that I forgot to change one of the batteries in my TV remote. I usually change only one at a time which is a good practice except sometimes I forget which one was replaced last. Now, back to the original question re spark plugs. What was your question?

Last edited:
I'm not trolling, I actually wnat to know can you change spark plugs singly?
And the junkyards around my area only sell the whole control arm with the ball joint, but the serious question, very serious, is if you don't change your ball joint when it has a little play it in, could it affect your control arm so that you'd need a control arm soon, or no?

Camry ball joints are among the easiest to change. Have at it and leave us alone. Borrow the pickle fork from autozone.

Oh my god.

When I heard the "Can I just change 1 spark plug? Because I sometimes change 1 remote battery at a time" I completely gave up. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

You've been talking about this ball joint for months. CHANGE IT ALREADY

I'm not trolling...

Thread started over a month ago asking about struts and ball joint. Check.
Ball joints still not changed. Check.
Struts still not changed. Check.
Sudden new problems popping out. Check.
Questions regarding silly stuff. Check.
Questions regarding new problems. Check.
Occasional question regarding the original problem. Check.
"Mechanics" checking out the problems and giving conflicting opinions. Check.
No signs of any repairs being completed. Check.

Should I list more trolling behavior?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Is there somebody from Detroit who can help or at least take care of E20 locally?

As in smash his computer so he no longer trolls? Why is everyone still feeding this goober??? i gave him the benefit of the doubt until the spark plugs.

TROLL. How mentally ill can you be trolling a bunch of guys on a motor oil forum???
crackmeup2.gif

@kris, I'm not trolling. I just need help with the vehicle.

Sure.

You don't need help with this supposed vehicle, you need mental help. Did you not get enough attention from mommy and daddy, and now you claim to be an engineer who doesn't know the difference between how spark plugs and batteries work? GTFO

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

You've been talking about this ball joint for months. CHANGE IT ALREADY

With a NEW one.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
I'm not trolling...

Thread started over a month ago asking about struts and ball joint. Check.
Ball joints still not changed. Check.
Struts still not changed. Check.
Sudden new problems popping out. Check.
Questions regarding silly stuff. Check.
Questions regarding new problems. Check.
Occasional question regarding the original problem. Check.
"Mechanics" checking out the problems and giving conflicting opinions. Check.
No signs of any repairs being completed. Check.

Should I list more trolling behavior?

I've been pointing out this guy's a troll for weeks.
I'm glad everyone has finally caught up.

Apparently the question about changing spark plugs one at a time was finally the clue to convince the last few holdouts that were hoping this guy was on the up and up.

Let's stop posting in his threads, so that we can concentrate on real forum members with real issues with vehicles that actually exist.

BC.

At first I thought E20 was another of Joseph's personae as his writing style is almost identical, but he can't be Joseph as he hasn't been banned yet...

Think about it: there's another Joseph out there doing this
15.gif
to his car...

Well trolled, Engineer 'I'm just curious' 20!

Do you guys know that old song "There's a hole in my bucket"? Well, this is the online forum longhand version.
I thought this was still a moderated forum, but it doesn't appear too quick to shut down this sort of hijinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back