****'s sporting goods pulls AR's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since most of the mag limit ban arguments are coming from Canada, which has a 5 rd semi auto limit I will say this.

Most of these ultra high cap mags are unreliable. There have been more than one shooting where someone tried to use one and it jammed up the gun. Those that do work are very finicky. The shooter in this case used that standard type 30 round mags that come with the gun. Even if you ban them...they have been made in the millions by now and you wont ever get rid of them completely.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Once you establish that the gun is the "problem" and not the person, you have opened the flood gates to a total ban.

You are assuming they will take the magazines you perceive to be the problem and then stop. History shows otherwise.

Here's an analogy for everyone. What if this 20 year old kid took his mother's car keys and drove down to the local school and then ran over 20 kids and killed them when they were outside waiting for their parents to pick them up? What if occurrences of mass killings using cars happened every week? Would the government decide to ban all cars?

Obviously not ... they would instead make parents more responsible with their car keys, and also try to figure out why these people go freakin' mental and want to kill masses of people.

The gun isn't the problem, it's the nut behind the gun and that's the problem that should be focused on. If the nut can't get a gun, then he'll get a knife. If he can't get a knife, he might get a car, or a baseball bat or a big rock or a ????. It goes on forever.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
I implore all of you who are on this bandwagon of banning guns outright or even certain types that are currently legal to really think logically and not let emotions get the better of you.

The media does a fine job of playing the emotional card with the public. They never do news stories where an armed citizen or armed off duty cop stops a crazy person. The Portland mall shooter (happened a few weeks ago), stopped shooting people in the mall and killed himself when a concealed carrying citizen pointed his gun at the shooter, but didn't take a shot because of other people being too close. The mall shooter ran down a stairwell and shot himself because the cowardly scuzbag had some resistance. Take guns away from lawful citizens and instances of mass shootings could become even worse.

And there was also another recent incident a week or so ago where a shooter went into a movie theater (TX) and an off-duty cop pulled his pistol and shot the crazy guy.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/man-atte...ith-one-bullet/

Our first line of defense as a society is to have law abiding people RIGHT THERE to stop insane people like these mass shooters.

We need way more "insane people control" ... and of course ways to keep guns out of the hands of people like that, but NOT at the expense of the law abiding citizens that have the right to protect themselves and family.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

I implore all of you who are on this bandwagon of banning guns outright or even certain types that are currently legal to really think logically and not let emotions get the better of you.

WOW!
It would appear to anyone rational that you are the one running on emotion. It really burns me when someone attempts to put words in my mouth or maybe you have a reading comprehension problem??? I did a word search of the word “ban” in this thread and nobody has proposed a ban on any type of gun, only a magazine size restriction. Arguments invoking slavery, emotional and ridiculous. Post #2841437, targeted clearly at me, highly defensive, guess what, driven by emotion.

I really don’t care what comes out of this, I am unaffected by American gun violence or regulation. But if you think that the cumulative nature of the mass shootings in the last year has not had an effect or that the slaughter of 20x 5-7 year olds isn’t changing the thoughts of mainstream America then you watch/listen to too much media that tells you exactly what you want to hear. The NRA has announced that they are going to offer some solutions on Friday, it is to be seen if they mean to offer concessions on regulation, my feeling is yes from the language they used. I think they clearly understand that anyone who continues to be obstructionist on dealing with this problem is going to be left out of the discussion.

Originally Posted By: Duffman77
Post #2841437, targeted clearly at me, highly defensive, guess what, driven by emotion.

He never quoted you, just made a blanket statement ... so don't know how you think he was specifically targeting you - how did you come to that conclusion? I think you're getting "emotional".
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Post #2841437, targeted clearly at me, highly defensive, guess what, driven by emotion.

He never quoted you, just made a blanket statement ... so don't know how you think he was specifically targeting you - how did you come to that conclusion? I think you're getting "emotional".
wink.gif

Yes he never quoted me, if you cant draw the lines then you are not reading all the posts either.

wink.gif

Yes he never quoted me, if you cant draw the lines then you are not reading all the posts either.

Exactly what post are you referring too. There is no "post #2841437" by Robenstein that I can find. Link it.

Reading "between the lines" can be dangerous. Just sayin'.

wink.gif

Exactly what post are you referring too. There is no "post #2841437" by Robenstein that I can find. Link it.

Reading "between the lines" can be dangerous. Just sayin'.

That post cited is a reply to my post at #2841044. While not by Robenstein, it was an emotional response as was citing dictators and slavery, again not by Robenstein in fairness. I should have put those in a seperate paragraph.

Last edited:

wink.gif

That post cited is a reply to my post at #2841044. While not by Robenstein, it was an emotional response as was citing dictators and slavery, again not by Robenstein in fairness.

Then why are you quoting Robenstein and reacting to his quote in post #2841867 above like he's focused on you? You're not making any sense here.
crazy.gif
Best get some skin and drop it. Don't need any arguments when nobody even knows who the argument is against.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

The common thread I'm seeing here is that one side of this argument recognizes evil and prefers to have a fighting chance, while the other wants to turn the other cheek.

Love this.
I'd bet that the ones who "prefer to have a fighting chance," are more religious than "the other [who] wants to turn the other cheek".

Also if you're so worried about home invasion (which are amazingly rare - if you are robbed they're going to try and do it when no one is home) - get a dog and a security system. Jeez. Less likely your kid would mess around and kill himself or a friend invadvertantly.

I never said that he said that, only that those were also emotional replies. To come in and say that somebody proposed a gun ban when it was clear that nobody has, is at best dishonest. In my opinion to invoke the emotion card on me or the others arguing for similar things when none of us are playing on emotion reaks of desperation, which is somewhat emotional.

It was not good on my part to reference those other emotional comments at the same time as referencing his comment without drawing distinction. But they do fit together in my opinion and that is why I did it.

Then why are you quoting Robenstein

Because he is putting out something that nobody has said or proposed.

You're not making any sense here.
crazy.gif
Best get some skin and drop it. Don't need any arguments when nobody even knows who the argument is against.
whistle.gif

If the best you can do is come in throw insults then you add no value here either. or maybe you are too emotional to think straight too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: surfstar
Also if you're so worried about home invasion (which are amazingly rare - if you are robbed they're going to try and do it when no one is home) - get a dog and a security system. Jeez. Less likely your kid would mess around and kill himself or a friend invadvertantly.

You'd be surprised at how many home invasion robberies there are in a very populated area. It happened to one of my co-workers. He was tied up and his wife was kidnapped at gun-point to drive to an ATM and withdraw money. Thankfully the police caught the kid, now his life is screwed. He's lucky the guy didn't have a gun and blew his brains out when he broke in.

Then why are you quoting Robenstein

Because he is putting out something that nobody has said or proposed.

He threw out a BLANKET STATEMENT. If you think it was directed to you or anyone else specifically, then you better step back from this thread.

You're not making any sense here.
crazy.gif
whistle.gif

If the best you can do is come in throw insults then you add no value here either. or maybe you are too emotional to think straight too.

You're the one all huffy and somehow thinking people are attacking you - when there hasn't even been any responses to any of your direct quotes. You're reading between the lines and somehow think it's all directed towards you. You really are off on a nonsensical rant.

He threw out a BLANKET STATEMENT. If you think it was directed to you, then you better step back from this thread.

He is not talking to the world here, he is addressing the people in the thread and its pretty clear who is on what side, if you cant draw that distinction then you must not know how a debate on the internet works.

You're the one all huffy and somehow thinking people are attacking you. You really are off on a nonsensical rant, really.

Again putting words in my mouth, please do us a favour and read the posts before replying. I said the post was defensive, I didn’t go off and cry to mommy and daddy moderator or anything.

You want to talk nonsensical, I am not the one coming in and using the crazy emoticon and telling everyone to stop their huffyness or get out.

Duffman77 - you're obviously looking to start something here in this thread. Anyone reading your comments here can see you're trolling for some kind of argument from someone - not sure who yet, as you make it very unclear, but you're obviously peed off at someone for something.

Word of advice, if you have a "beef" with anyone posting here why don't you QUOTE THEM, and then respond to them DIRECTLY. You're just throwing nonsense out there. It really doesn't make much sense - maybe you need better skills at "debating" on the internet.

So exactly WHO is your beef with, and WHY?

Duffman77 - you're obviously looking to start something here in this thread. Anyone reading your comments here can see you're trolling for some kind of argument from someone - not sure who yet, as you make it very unclear, but you're obviously peed off at someone for something.

Word of advice, if you have a "beef" with anyone posting here why don't you QUOTE THEM, and then respond to them DIRECTLY. You're just throwing nonsense out there. It really doesn't make much sense - maybe you need better skills at "debating" on the internet.

So exactly WHO is your beef with, and WHY?

Hey I am just participating with the flow of the debate, it appears you are the one singling me out. If you have a problem with my posts then contact a moderator and let them sort it out. Get to it, get over it or get off it.

If someone else feels that I have wronged them in this thread they are free to either point it out or contact a mod as well.

I think most here would say you derailed in your post #2841867. I just happened to call you on it because it made no real sense - couldn't tell what your real angle was or who your beef was with. Get over it or start quoting and responding directly to the people who got you ruffled in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back