Ruger SFAR

.308 flash hiders are $8.99 to $150 at Midway, hardly a deal breaker if you like the weapon. Street price around $1k it looks like.
The American Rifleman got these interesting results:
sfar6.jpg

Might want to let a few get out in the wild and see how they hold up.

.308 flash hiders are $8.99 to $150 at Midway, hardly a deal breaker if you like the weapon. Street price around $1k it looks like.
$899 until monday.. I have to decide.
Too sick to go look at em.. maybe on monday.
They also had some winchester pump shotguns for $125...
and alot of other sales in-between

Side Question:
Anyone know how hard it is to get SIG warranty service(replacement) one of the mags my p322 came with bloats and misfeeds..
the ez loader wont even move on it.. hangs up.

What did you decide?

Military Arms Channel (MAC) on YouTube did a .308 AR rifle review, including the Ruger. Among other things - it is very accurate. He really liked the small size/low weight. He really liked the Ruger.

I subscribe to this channel - I find him very professional and objective in his evaluation of various firearms.

so it was decided for me. Was too sick to go.. and sale ended on sunday not monday.

at a 20% higher price not biting.

I save my .30-40 brass. And my 7.5x55 Swiss brass. I don’t reload, yet, but both calibers have become rather pricey. Reloading is definitely in my future.
I like reloading an think of it as a huge part of the shooting enjoyment.

reviving this thread.
I purchased one a few weeks back.
@Astro14

Put 90 rounds through it yesterday.
60 150grain FMJ. 10 poly tip expanding 150grain and a 20mag of m80
The winchester white box m80 was pretty stinky and must have been coated it was sort of sticking inside the mag.

first 70 AAC made were 0 problems.
The m80 initially had a Feed failure after firing first round and second and third..... I pulled 5 and put them in a different mag.. and they were fine..
I then fired off the remaining 12 in the first mag and it loaded fine??? 🤷‍♂️
Wont be buying any more of that ammo.

AR-Noob notes:
I am an AR noob. having a little trouble getting my face behind the scope with muffs on.(low profile) I switched out to some earplugs.
Probably needs an adjustment to the scope position and personal adjustment :censored:
It also beat up my arm abit being very light.
Bought a recoil pad last night after seeing my shoulder :ROFLMAO:
Didnt really hurt when firing.

So far I'd say 10/10 happy. I do need to upgrade my targets.
It shattered the bolt on my 4" gong and disappeared my 2" gong prob. 50ft back into the brush.

I will probably upgrade to the Chained style. maybe a full size steel if I can make a long enough range.

I dont have a long lane to fire in a good direction currently so I was shooting where I normally fire .22lr or pistol.
its not measured maybe 150ft.. One of my projects is to make a 100+ yard lane with good backstop.

Back