Royal Purple 0W40 worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
compressor_tech4.jpg

AHEM!

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Originally Posted By: jeeprnovru
To the one crying about the spelling of "Mobil" its called autocorrect [censored], quit whining!

And how exactly is that no proof???

The pics and measurements are there for you to see...are you blind or just stupid?

That was me that was informing the original poster about how to spell it correctly. Not sure what you were reading into? Maybe the name calling shows more about yourself?

No matter who it was directed towards, its juvenile...

"Lets have a sticky on how to spell this or that...."

PLEASE, just converse and stop nit picking irrelevant issues, clogging up the tread with nonsense!

And crying shows weakness, stand on your feet!

Wow overkill, you thread full of non-expert speculation was SO informative. NOT.

Ive ran this info by friends at LSU who are educated in the fields of fluid dynamics and mechanical engineering.

They seemed to like this, and also of all my years woking in chemical plants in south LA, be it shell exxon valero and other OIL an gas refineries, all of them had 55 gal drums of Royal Purple sitting beside pumps and what not with feeding the MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR MACHINERY.............

What more proving do you need? Why do all these engineers trust RP?? Guess they havent read your thread on BITOG huh...ROFL

It wasn't my thread. And what sort of concrete information are we going by here? A few pictures on a message board? That's some solid evidence!

And in the past 10 minutes, you had the chance to run the information in those threads by your engineering friends! I'm impressed!

It sounds more like you are marketing shill for Royal Purple based on the rest of your post.

BTW, I never, not ONCE said that Royal Purple was a bad oil. If you had read the threads (which I really don't think you did) you'd know that. What I said was that no concrete conclusions can be drawn from those pictures.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
To the one crying about the spelling of "Mobil" its called autocorrect [censored], quit whining!

The pics and measurements are there for you to see...are you blind or just stupid?

I see you didn't read the threads. Nice way to man up with the personal insults big guy. Classy! Does a lot for your argument.

Read the threads. Then come back and we can discuss. This topic has been beat to death on this board. Just because it is a new discovery for you, doesn't mean it is for the rest of us here, who have participated in NUMEROUS threads about it.

Perhaps its your interpretation of the info in said threads thats a bit off.....You sir are an arm chair engineer, and nothing more.

No, I'm a Network Engineer. Though that does involve a lot of sitting in chairs
wink.gif

You sir, sound like you have an axe to grind. And making personal insults doesn't get you far on this board.

I have had a lifetime to consult with friends in the field about this,and have been using RP for as long as i have been racing,(11 years) and the widespread use in industry on the most expensive of machines is the greatest testimonial.......

Marketing shill????? HA! was that you pulling out the "BIG GUNS"???

Are you a shill for Mobil1?? Where is your "solid proof" against RP????

Last edited:

That was me that was informing the original poster about how to spell it correctly. Not sure what you were reading into? Maybe the name calling shows more about yourself?

PLEASE, just converse and stop nit picking irrelevant issues, clogging up the tread with nonsense!

He was trying to converse. And was being somewhat polite. You on the other hand, are throwing out personal insults and responding to things very defensively.

It isn't conducive to a discussion when somebody immediately starts slamming those attempting to partake in it.

You apparently need to learn about a sense of humor! They have a huge advertisement banner at the top of the page at times and they advertise pretty much everywhere so I really don't think a sticky would make a difference. I'll stay sitting until I see a real need to stand. Sitting makes it easier to look into a child's eyes also!
smile.gif

I have had a lifetime to consult with friends in the field about this,and have been using RP for as long as i have been racing,(11 years) and the widespread use in industry on the most expensive of machines is the greatest testimonial.......

Marketing shill????? HA! was that you pulling out the "BIG GUNS"???

Are you a shill for Mobil1?? Where is your "solid proof" against RP????

Why does my use of Mobil 1 mean that I have to be against RP? Again, in the threads that you haven't read, I never knocked, or said anything negative about them or their product.

I simply don't think the cam pictures are any sort of evidence. The Seq IVA photos (from the API, who I would hope you would put stock in) do not support the assumptions that were being made.

ONCE AGAIN......as far as im concerned when oil companies use RP on their own machines im sold.

compressor_tech4.jpg

Do you have any other pics besides this one, which came from Royal Purple's website?

Just curious.

Next time i go on a turn-around ill make an album just for you buddy.

If you read the article that was taken from an industrial magazine that RP sourced for their website......you are just like the media, twisting things and changing context to try to validate your weak point.......

its all a conspiracy right? Jezzus!

Last edited:
timken.jpg

Yet another image from their website.

What part of an engine requires gear lube? Because that is what that test, ASTM-D2782, is designed for. It is an EP test.

Please do, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only guy on this board who would like to see those.

ONCE AGAIN......as far as im concerned when oil companies use RP on their own machines im sold.

No need for all the hostility. Share with us what you know about Royal Purple, you seem to have the inside scoop with all the years working at chemical plants
smile.gif

Also, what racing applications have you used Royal Purple with? Can you elaborate?

Last edited:

Please do, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only guy on this board who would like to see those.

If you read the article that was taken from an industrial magazine that RP sourced for their website......you are just like the media, twisting things and changing context to try to validate your weak point.......

What weak point? And you didn't link to an article sir, you simply pasted a picture from Royal Purple's website!

I'm not twisting or changing anything! You are being insanely defensive about nothing!

There was no sarcasm in the post you quoted. Quite honestly, if you can take pictures, please do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back