Idled cold on new oil for 10 hours. Run it or change again?

EJ22 Subaru Legacy using M1 FS 0w40. Just changed the oil last week.

I steam cleaned the interior and overwet the floor carpeting. Due to cold and wet weather and lack of a warm garage, my only option to dry the carpets was to idle the car with the heat blasting. I estimate I probably idled it for 10 hours total, split across 3 different sessions, started from cold each time, and I didn't drive it around so it ran cold for a while each time.

I usually change every 3k. I drive a combination of city and highway, short and long trips.

Will my 10 extra hours of idling, plus the extra time spent running the engine cold with no load change anything, given my vehicle and OCI?

Will my 10 extra hours of idling, plus the extra time spent running the engine cold
What do you mean, running the engine cold? It gets to operating temperature in 10 or 15 minutes even when idling. And how is idling 10 hours any worse on oil than driving it 10 hours in one day? Lot less stress on the engine idling.

1710126074406.jpeg

BITOG in a nutshell

What do you mean, running the engine cold? It gets to operating temperature in 10 or 15 minutes even when idling. And how is idling 10 hours any worse on oil than driving it 10 hours in one day? Lot less stress on the engine idling.
I mean I didn't bother to warm it up by driving it or putting a load on it. You are correct, the engine is mostly warmed up after 20 minutes or so. I did that about three times, so about 1 hour or so total of running 'cold' with no load.

Wouldn’t lose any sleep at all over this. I have a vehicle that idles for up to 13hrs some days and I’ve put well over 10k hours on vehicles like this without an engine problem.

I steam cleaned the interior and overwet the floor carpeting. Due to cold and wet weather and lack of a warm garage, my only option to dry the carpets was to idle the car with the heat blasting. I estimate I probably idled it for 10 hours total, split across 3 different sessions, started from cold each time, and I didn't drive it around so it ran cold for a while each time.

I usually change every 3k. I drive a combination of city and highway, short and long trips.

Will my 10 extra hours of idling, plus the extra time spent running the engine cold with no load change anything, given my vehicle and OCI?
When I worked on the development of oil that would be approved for VW504.00/507.00, we had some extra tests to check how oil behaved.
One was running oil without turning off the engine for 10,000km. Another is never allowing oil to reach the operating temperature for 10,000km. Oil did fine.
In your case, oil reached operating temperature and moisture contaminants evaporated. On top of that, you are talking premier oil, not some mediocre product.
Street oils, especially ones like M1 0W40, are really tough stuff.

Mobil 1 0w-40 FS is a excellent oil, one their better oils,maybe change out around 5k as mentioned above ,,if my car run some good injector cleaner before you change oil and filter.

Why?

Back