Response Re LUBEGARD BIOTECH Engine Oil Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here was my question:
Quote:
I bought one bottle and I'm using it now.

I understand that the additive is based on vegetable oil esters to improve friction and AW/EP properties. However, I came across oil analysis results on BIO-TECH Engine Oil Protectant and that clearly showed very high levels of P, Ca, and Mo. The question is why these phosphorus or metal based friction/AW/EP agents if the esters themselves are so great?

Thanks!

Answer:
Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Lubegard products.

Our Liquid Wax Esters provide excellent friction reduction. As you have indicated the other components perform additional necessary functions such as rust inhibition, extreme pressure, anti-wear and detergency. An extremely high quality additive fluid such as our Bio-Tech Engine Protectant is designed provide broad spectrum enhancement to the various properties of the original fluid.

Please call (800) 333-5823 if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Names removed. Any comments from BITOGers?

Its a response from the manufacturer. What did you expect them to say "its a [censored] product, all hype and personally I would not use it".

In almost all cases quality motor oils do not need additives. If you want the oil to lubricate better buy better oil.

Last edited:
Sounds like good stuff. I knew there was a reason I ran this in my Nissan and keep a stash of those sexy blue bottles in my garage.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Sounds like good stuff. I knew there was a reason I ran this in my Nissan and keep a stash of those sexy blue bottles in my garage.

A great product, just like their transmission additives coming from a solid company with a good reputation. I have a stash of it myself.

When it comes to EP/AW/FM properties of oil chemistry, certain synergies can be achieved by combining esters with other additive components which can contain phosphorus, sulfur and other FM compounds. Sometimes these esters are referred to in lubricant texts as fatty acids to distinguish them from base stock esters. This synergy principle is followed by Lubegard, and by some other reputable OTS additive manufacturers.

This synergy principle is also the main reason why many oil/engine manufacturers discourage the use of OTS additives. It is possible for the compounds in the OTS additive to conflict with those found in the engine oil of choice. It is also possible that the combination may improve the overall performance of the oil, as many additive advocates will attest. While I personally believe that high quality OTS additives do have their place, this principle also can account for why certain popular OTS additives work better in combination with some oils or for some users than then they do in other oils or with other users.

I'm not saying that the additive is bad. I'm actually using it right now with no bad effects (or good ones that I can detect).

I find it funny that the product description is all about the miracle wax and nothing about those ash additives.

The only thing I know is that when I used Lubegard Biotech Engine Oil Protectant the engine in my car seemed to run better. It just seemed smoother. I used the stuff for a while but I decided it was kind of expensive with every oil change.

I have had very good luck with Lubegard products. I stopped a squeal in a power steering unit by using Lubegard power steering supplement. And Lubegard automatic transmission supplements had approval of three automakers at one time.

I still might try their Lubegard engine flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back